Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a similar problem had about a one inch gap. I purchased black rubber furniture pads that have self stick on them. They fit perfectly both space wise and in diameter. Solved the problem without $ or a lot of work.
That’s a great idea my friend..
Sponsored

3TooMany

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to revive and old thread, but for anyone with a Badlands non-sas hoping these will work with a 0 offset wheel - they don’t. They come up short still. I forgot that the tire carriers are different between Sas and non-sas.

Hope that saves someone a few bucks and some time.

BroncoDonco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands non Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to revive and old thread, but for anyone with a Badlands non-sas hoping these will work with a 0 offset wheel - they don’t. They come up short still. I forgot that the tire carriers are different between Sas and non-sas.

Hope that saves someone a few bucks and some time.
Thanks, I will be in the same exact situation (BL non Sas, 315/70 zero offset). What did you end up doing?

I’m trying to decide if it’s necessary/worth ordering the Turn Off-road adjustable tire carrier. I don’t plan on getting a tailgate reinforcement to start, but was thinking it might be best to keep the tire as close to the tailgate as possible with the added wheel/tire weight and offset.

https://turnoffroad.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-adjustable-tire-carrier-camera-mount

3TooMany

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I will be in the same exact situation (BL non Sas, 315/70 zero offset). What did you end up doing?

I’m trying to decide if it’s necessary/worth ordering the Turn Off-road adjustable tire carrier. I don’t plan on getting a tailgate reinforcement to start, but was thinking it might be best to keep the tire as close to the tailgate as possible with the added wheel/tire weight and offset.

https://turnoffroad.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-adjustable-tire-carrier-camera-mount
Nothing yet. I don’t wheel mine hard and haven’t noticed any negative effects so far. I may revisit it back in the spring or keep my eye open for a factory tire carrier for sale.

BroncoDonco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands non Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing yet. I don’t wheel mine hard and haven’t noticed any negative effects so far. I may revisit it back in the spring or keep my eye open for a factory tire carrier for sale.
Gotcha, thanks, really the appreciate the info.

drtinphx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"FauxSquatch" Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is what I did with my "FauxSquatch" Badlands: I also still have the non-SAS carrier. I found some near new Sasquatch takeoffs (+33) and after the swap, the rubber bumper was about 3/16" short. After calling around and finding out Ford wanted $25-$30 for one bumper I decided to try this. This should also work for other combinations since you can basically trim down the PVC adapter to the length you need. I used a saw to take most of it off and then used a palm sander to smooth it out and take it down to the needed length. The threaded portion of the PVC adapter fits perfectly into the factory Badlands bumper (may need a little Vaseline) If you are really anal you can probably find black PVC fittings to use lol. I tried but the local Home Depot didn't have them in black.

Also for me, this is a better option than swapping out the bumpers. Initially I was going to sell the factory Badland wheels and tires (KO2's) but after trying to sell them for a couple of weeks and not wanting to give them away, I decided to just keep them. I plan to run the 33's during the summer and for longer trips and use the 35's for winter and light off-roading. Using the PVC adapter option makes it easy to remove them when I put the 33's back on.
Ford Bronco Replace spacer or bumper between spare tire and tailgate for 0 offset wheels 20240117_113622
Ford Bronco Replace spacer or bumper between spare tire and tailgate for 0 offset wheels 20240117_152909
Ford Bronco Replace spacer or bumper between spare tire and tailgate for 0 offset wheels 20240117_152915
Ford Bronco Replace spacer or bumper between spare tire and tailgate for 0 offset wheels 20240117_153418
y

Ford Bronco Replace spacer or bumper between spare tire and tailgate for 0 offset wheels 20240108_175811

Ford Bronco Replace spacer or bumper between spare tire and tailgate for 0 offset wheels 30
Sponsored

Last edited: