Incinr8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Dodge Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I searched. On 07/24/2021 i made a reservation online,. Today I got an email that said the dealer was ready to place my reservation order. On 08/12/2021 I went into a dealer and ordered a Bronco with no reservation, The dealer said Ford would pull the order To build at a later date. Does one get produced/Priority over the other? Thanks in advance.

Update. I went in and was told the reservation has nothing to do with my in dealer order. And that the in dealer order from 08/24/2021 would be build before the reservation order if I place it..I was also told that the in dealer order I placed was one of the allocations the dealer had, And not a reservation they created.
clear as mud?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back in August you were not able to order without a reservation (and still can't today but the res system is now (temporarily?) closed). Most likely the dealership created a reservation at that time and then ordered you a Bronco. All things being equal, the earlier res would get priority once an order was placed.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting to hear, I actually placed a reservation two days after you, curious to see how this pans out

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update. I went in and was told the reservation has nothing to do with my in dealer order. And that the in dealer order from 08/24/2021 would be build before the reservation order if I place it.
The only thing that would make sense out of that is if the dealership had an existing reservation that they knew the original holder was not going to use and they hijacked it so they could order you a Bronco.

I was also told that the in dealer order I placed was one of the allocations the dealer had, And not a reservation they created.
clear as mud?
Dealership allocations came from the reservations. Can't have one without the other and they aren't independent of one another. Example, the dealership had 100 reservations so he got 30 allocations. He would submit those 100 orders and 30 would get built depending on timestamp and constraints. They can't hold an allocation in their pocket to use for someone walking in off the street.

All that being said, unless you ordered a soft top you are looking at a MY22 anyhow.

OP
OP

Incinr8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Dodge Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info BlueBronco.
Sponsored