FoMoJoe

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Before I get started I just want to say I was very reluctant to take the time to write this review. I am in no way associated with any company's being talked about. This is a review based on first hand knowledge of the products.
Ford Bronco Review: RTR bumper end caps. 20220609_131846

The first time I saw these end caps I fell in love. The make something factory look a little bit different, but still not losing that factory charm the modular bumpers bring. Also the price point was reasonable so I impulses bought without spending a little bit of time really reviewing what I would have to deal with once I put them on. I one of those that usually spends weeks contemplating should I I buy this or wait.
Ford Bronco Review: RTR bumper end caps. 20220701_160423

Now I knew I was going to stick with my modular bumper for a long time so this purchase was right for me. Knowing that I would also be getting fog lights to add later. Luckily I did wait to buy a complete fog light set up from either zroadz or diode dynamics because I figured there would be some fitting issues I would face. Once recieved I put the end caps on and boy did they look pretty. But I noticed something something that I wish RTR would have put more detail into. Before I get to that I will say that the powder coating is super close to factory. Honestly I think it's better quality that the factory. So the issue at hand was the nut cert rivets on the side. To me they seemed like an after thought. The whole part is black powder coated except those. Bright steel. Sticks out like a sore thumb. I ended up having to paint them which turned into a chore in itself.
Ford Bronco Review: RTR bumper end caps. 20220701_160448

Ford Bronco Review: RTR bumper end caps. 20220701_152355

The next issue came when I started to plan how I was going to setup my fog lamps. This took me a lot of time a research as I dont have the money to waste on the wrong parts. I knew since this bumper had a bar it meant that it set back more than factory. So the search was on to find the most versatile bracket possible. After several weeks looking I stumbled on Jcr offroad fog lamp bracket. This one seemed to have the most points of mounting possible. This one seems to be the one that would work out. I then ordered the bracket started to put my diode dynamics lamps on when I was having issues with the bar on right side set back about .25in or more than the left side. Is really made I a problem mounting the lamps, but with determination to get it done I was able to make it work. It is unfortunate that these are not perfectly symmetric makes for some tough times. I am not sure if mine is just an anomaly or if this is a common issue. You can see in the picture that the bar is welded further back than the other side. Either way it still came out nice and I like the way it turned out in the end. I would be interested to see if anyone else has had similar problems.
Ford Bronco Review: RTR bumper end caps. 20220701_152412

Ford Bronco Review: RTR bumper end caps. 20220701_152422

Jcr offraod fog lamp bracket
Ford Bronco Review: RTR bumper end caps. 20220701_160402
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked at these to match up with the JCR Baja bar I added on the top. I think it’s a good look, but I’m not certain I won’t swap to an aftermarket bumper at some point.

BKinn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond RTR w/SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah, just stumbled on this thread - wish I would have seen it sooner. I tried the KR Off-road brackets with my RTR and it does not fit. I'll be ordering the JCR ones now.
Sponsored