First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’d like to put the rhino rack pioneer platform with their backbone system on my 2 DR Badlands Sasquatch, but their website isn’t the clearest on what the static and dynamic load ratings would be. In one spot it says they would only be ~250 lbs, but then they have an article about this system being great for RTT set ups.

Has anyone else looked in to this by chance?
Sponsored

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The highest dynamic load ratings I've seen for a consumer roof rack is 300 lbs for the Gobi Stealth Rack. So the Rhino Rack numbers are pretty darn good.

Gobi achieves this with an exoskeleton over the top of the body. Rhino Rack takes the approach of putting an internal frame in the cab that wraps around the rear window, then they drill through the roof and attach to the internal frame.

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
Remember you are going to have to go on Fords Rating, not the rack manufacture if you are attaching in the same manner as the Ford Roof rack, which is to the plastic Hard top it seems.

The bronco like the jeep is going to be limited to what the Hard top can carry - which I'm sure is not going to be much ( I think Ford quoted ~!50lbs for its rack.. just as an example I'm sure it is published here somewhere)

This load gets further reduced off road - most manufactures agree that the formula is
Road Dynamic limit \ 1.5 = off road limit

in this case 150lbs \ 1.5 = 100lbs off road limit for the ford rack

To increase the load rating the rack manufacture is going to have design different mounts like on the Jeep JK/JL front runner rack which actually bolts through the hard top to the cage and uses front mounts to the windshield hard points.

The bronco is going to need something like that in order to carry a decent load and you will not be using the ford rear mount points on the MIC plastic hardtop - and thus are not limited by the factory rating but rather the manufactures rating.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember you are going to have to go on Fords Rating, not the rack manufacture if you are attaching in the same manner as the Ford Roof rack, which is to the plastic Hard top it seems.
The Rhino Rack system attaches to the roll bars and tub. You have to drill through the hard top.

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
good to know - there are a lot of racks out there.. same as front runner in that case.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The highest dynamic load ratings I've seen for a consumer roof rack is 300 lbs for the Gobi Stealth Rack. So the Rhino Rack numbers are pretty darn good.

Gobi achieves this with an exoskeleton over the top of the body. Rhino Rack takes the approach of putting an internal frame in the cab that wraps around the rear window, then they drill through the roof and attach to the internal frame.
HAHAHA

AMATEURS.

375lbs Dynamic.

850lbs Static.

;)

Ford Bronco Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform IMG_6119

https://adventureracksystems.com/pro-jk-4-door.html

They also make a system (for the jeep) that attaches through the hardtop with the same load ratings.

I hope they come out with Bronco solutions eventually. I've been very happy with mine.
Ford Bronco Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 13.19.38
Sponsored