First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Greetings all. New member in Mass with a long, convoluted story into a 2021 Big Bend.

My Bronco story started roughly 20 years ago when this was my dally driver.
Ford Bronco Rising From The Ashes Full SmartCard 1-19-04 024

1971 Bronco Sport.

Unfortunately, one sunny summer day the girl I had just started dating a few weeks before (who is now my wife) and I had to literally jump out of it at a traffic light when it caught fire.

Naturally I was interested when the new Broncos were introduced and have been following the train wreck that was the vehicle rollout ever since. I hadn't placed an order on one due to price concerns and first model year jitters but when Ford announced that the Antimatter Blue color was going way for 2022, my wife said either :poop: of get off the pot. So :poop: I did.

I placed my order (Outer Banks, V6, hardtop, High Package) in early September since Ford had the Sept 30th deadline. Two weeks into October I got a call from the dealership stating that Ford had decided that all orders that hadn't been officially assigned a VIN would be 2022 and everybody would have to reconfigure their order or they can just F@#$ off. I went ahead and cancelled the order. The dealership was trying to get me to "just get a different color" even though I had a long discussion with the sales manager about my 1971 Bronco and the story behind it.

After that I was searching the internet for an Antimatter Blue Bronco and was getting reserved to the fact that I would not be getting the vehicle I wanted since I wasn't going to pay a $20K markup on what I believed was already an overpriced vehicle.

In late November I contacted a local dealer who had one listed as "in transit" expecting it to be a pre-order, already sold, or a mannequin. The sales rep told me he thought it was sold but couldn't find anything in the computer. He called me back about an hour later saying that every person in the dealership thought it was sold but there was absolutely no paperwork (not even hand written note) on it and that if I wanted to put down a down payment, it was mine. There was already a window sticker on their website so I was able to stalk it online all the while thinking that somehow, something would get screwed up and I wouldn't get the truck.

It was built on 12/4 (my father's birthday) and delivered to the dealership on 12/22. On Christmas Eve I picked up my 2021, Antimatter Blue, Big Bend Bronco. The dealership honored the MSRP price so there was no markup. Never thought I would brag about paying sticker.

Ford Bronco Rising From The Ashes IMG_6329

It's not the exact vehicle I ordered but it does have the major options that I wanted (heated seats and the overhead switches). Already planning mods and yes, it will have white fender flares and a white top at some point. Hopefully this one won't suffer the same fate as my '71.

Ford Bronco Rising From The Ashes IMG_5643

This is my daily driver when there isn't salt on the roads but now the decision on which car to drive on nice sunny days just got a little more complicated.

Still not sure how I went from cancelling my order, to actually finding one for sale, with no markup, and getting it probably 6-8 months sooner than I would've if I kept my original order.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far.
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome, and great looking cars!!! That color scheme on your '71 is probably my favorite, really looks good. One word of caution, "Bronco Sport" is a bit of a trigger word for some here. 😂

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great story. Glad you ended up with this Bronco. AMB was my first choice before I switched but every time I see it I wonder how/why Ford would move on from it. Same with rapid red for that matter, but let’s not digress.
good luck with your new rig, I hope that you keep us posted on your mods.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What dealership? Keep your MA brethren in the loop! Lol

OP
OP
Dez

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Welcome, and great looking cars!!! That color scheme on your '71 is probably my favorite, really looks good. One word of caution, "Bronco Sport" is a bit of a trigger word for some here. 😂
I was extremely upset that Ford ruined the Bronco Sport name with that...thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dez

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What dealership? Keep your MA brethren in the loop! Lol
Gervais Ford in Ayer, MA.

They have been in business since 1961 and the salesman told me that their philosophy is that $20K and a few cars isn't worth ruining 60 years of name recognition and reputation.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

They have been in business since 1961 and the salesman told me that their philosophy is that $20K and a few cars isn't worth ruining 60 years of name recognition and reputation.
Awesome thanks, now delete this comment and show no one! 🤣🤣

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, what a novel idea (heavy sarcasm). But in all seriousness, I hope that @Ford Motor Company takes note of the nice dealer stories too, I’m sure that this is more like the press they’d like to see.
Sponsored