Sponsored

Rodents/Squirrels ate through fuel line. Advice on preventing in the future?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to update this thread. Finally got my Bronco back on this last Friday. There ended up being a week long delay because the original part that the dealer ordered was defective. So they had to order another one and ended up finishing the job on Friday, two weeks after having taken the bronco in.

It ended up costing $666, far less than the $1000 I was quoted. I think the dealer gave me a discount due to the delay but I wasn't able to talk to the service manager when picking up my car, so I'm not entirely sure.

Everything seems to run smoothly so far. I bought the Mighty Mint Rodent Repeller Spray and immediately sprayed some easy entry points. I also bought the Honda Rodent Tape and plan on installing that myself sometime in the next week or two.

Thank you to everyone for your input and help. I really appreciate it!
Ford Bronco Rodents/Squirrels ate through fuel line. Advice on preventing in the future? Screenshot (66)
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

believe it or not Irish Spring bar soap works pretty darn good.
This is what I do as well. Squirrels are bad about it where I live - this seems to help.

Had an F150 where they used the batting around the battery and bits of the firewall to build a nest and crammed the air intake full of acorns. Irish Spring was recommended by my dealer, and I gave it a try - seems to have worked, no more issues.

On my Bronco, I went to change out the air filter after having had in only a week - already crammed full of acorns. A couple bars of the good stuff cut up and placed in here - nothing since.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is what I do as well. Squirrels are bad about it where I live - this seems to help.
Manly yes, but I like it too! Irish Spring commercial from 1980.

Ford Bronco Rodents/Squirrels ate through fuel line. Advice on preventing in the future? 1699211733580
Sponsored