First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The restriction on the factory 3.0 is the turbo inlet pipe plumbing. First time I popped the hood and saw the puny pipes, that's it, doesn't matter what you allow in with a bigger filter and air box tubes.
The 3.0 would be better airflow upgraded with some non OEM tubing. Remember, an engine sucks air, the smaller any part of the straw, the less amount it gets without heating up and if the restrictions are severe, then the bottleneck in airflow will not allow anymore air to pass no matter what.
Sponsored

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The restriction on the factory 3.0 is the turbo inlet pipe plumbing. First time I popped the hood and saw the puny pipes, that's it, doesn't matter what you allow in with a bigger filter and air box tubes.
The 3.0 would be better airflow upgraded with some non OEM tubing. Remember, an engine sucks air, the smaller any part of the straw, the less amount it gets without heating up and if the restrictions are severe, then the bottleneck in airflow will not allow anymore air to pass no matter what.
Looks good and goes woosh so I’m happy 😂

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll never understand why so many burn their money on worthless performance parts.

Considering how 98% of the owners will use their performance version of the Bronco .....

You're talking about the entire Braptor , right?

Right?

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For those with this installed - any noticeable increase to turbo noise?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

increase is spool up sound for sure, for me. if you run without the top cover I'm sure you get a lot more sound, but I wouldn't do that in the summer

bwilly68

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, Land Rover Defender
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
increase is spool up sound for sure, for me. if you run without the top cover I'm sure you get a lot more sound, but I wouldn't do that in the summer
I put the SB intake with a dry filter in my raptor a few weeks ago. Honestly I can't tell a difference in the sound. I do have some high pitch hearing loss however! I put a KN on a 2018 Tahoe 4 years ago and could immediately hear a difference in noise that was more of a whooshing sound under throttle.
Sponsored