Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long story short:
- 3 out of 4 wheels on my Badlands had loose lug nuts (I went out and checked by hand)
- None of the wheels were inflated properly (I had aired down a while back for off-roading and figured I'd tackle the air-up during the service)

My gut noticed a few things when I left the dealership:
- The work order didn't have the air pressure noted (as usually it's annotated)
- The Bronco felt a bit wobbly on the drive home (about 5 - 7 miles at all low speeds / local roads, fortunately no highway)
- TPMS showed all tire pressure at the same as when I had dropped off the Bronco this morning.

I called the manager of the service department directly - he's sending someone out to redo the entire service and "refunding" it back to my service plan.

I'll give this dealership a chance to make things right and will go back again. I don't like going to dealerships in the first place but damn, the tech really dropped the ball on this one.

The manager said the tech that worked on my Bronco was trainee for what it's worth.

I'm glad I caught the issues today versus this weekend - leaving for a long road trip on Monday.

:EDIT:

Updated the title to reflect the dealer is working with me. Not trying to go scorched earth.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
j_4260

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Comedy of errors today.

They sent out mobile service to my place to remedy things. The service van didn't have the oil or filter for the Bronco, and the techs walked around hitting every lug nut with an impact gun.

Looks like another service appointment.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Long story short:
- 3 out of 4 wheels on my Badlands had loose lug nuts (I went out and checked by hand)
- None of the wheels were inflated properly (I had aired down a while back for off-roading and figured I'd tackle the air-up during the service)

My gut noticed a few things when I left the dealership:
- The work order didn't have the air pressure noted (as usually it's annotated)
- The Bronco felt a bit wobbly on the drive home (about 5 - 7 miles at all low speeds / local roads, fortunately no highway)
- TPMS showed all tire pressure at the same as when I had dropped off the Bronco this morning.

I called the manager of the service department directly - he's sending someone out to redo the entire service and "refunding" it back to my service plan.

I'll give this dealership a chance to make things right and will go back again. I don't like going to dealerships in the first place but damn, the tech really dropped the ball on this one.

The manager said the tech that worked on my Bronco was trainee for what it's worth.

I'm glad I caught the issues today versus this weekend - leaving for a long road trip on Monday.
Edited for comedy of errors

Mistakes happen, even if its a pretty big one, but sounds like theyre TRYING :ROFLMAO: to make it right. Give em another chance.

OP
OP
j_4260

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edited for comedy of errors

Mistakes happen, even if its a pretty big one, but sounds like theyre TRYING :ROFLMAO: to make it right. Give em another chance.
Totally agreed. I tried to explain that to the service advisor - I don't want to be that asshole customer that's going to yell and scream at everything.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Totally agreed. I tried to explain that to the service advisor - I don't want to be that asshole customer that's going to yell and scream at everything.
I work in auto service so I know all about it. We did an oil change friday. Over the weekend it leaked and the guy came in mon morning raising hell. His excuse for being upset is he has done business with us for years and never had an issue... Sounds a little ass backwards to me. If hes been coming here for years with no issue he shouldve more understanding.

Sponsored

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wonder if they know what a torque wrench is?

OP
OP
j_4260

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if they know what a torque wrench is?
The tech was looking around for his torque stick - I told him don't bother, I'll redo their work with an actual torque wrench this evening. :LOL:

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I made all my techs throw away their torque sticks,too many issues with using them,even supplied the front desk advisors with a torque wrench to double check before releasing vehicles.

OP
OP
j_4260

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made all my techs throw away their torque sticks,too many issues with using them,even supplied the front desk advisors with a torque wrench to double check before releasing vehicles.
Nice! I'm super paranoid about torque on lug nuts. I've seen all sorts of crazy stuff happen with loose lugs at autocross.

Any time a wheel comes off, I do a 5, 10-20, and a 100 mile check on torque to be absolutely sure nothing is working loose.
Sponsored