Sponsored

Sayonara! Sold my Bronco and bought a Crosstrek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wish people would quit saying "car" when talking about the Bronco. It's not a car. And as far as gas mileage goes like I've pointed out many times it's most likely your driving that's the problem. There are Broncos out there getting 20+ real world mpg.
Bronco is a nice car.

Ford Bronco Sayonara! Sold my Bronco and bought a Crosstrek. 6FD5C170-2B3B-4F5A-9CAB-6B202A0804CC
Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have driven many of them, thank you. I agree they are very impressive in many ways. I would support the push to EV's if they were friendly to the environment but the fact is they are not.
Since we are having a friendly debate about it ill just say this.

I dont disagree the mining process is not the most climate friendly, but the misconception that they are bad is incorrect. The recycling process for Tesla batteries is at 92% per their website. Now this will hopefully get better with solid state batteries over the next decade. The overall Carbon impact over the lifespan of a vehicle is much less with an EV over an ICE vehicle. Especially when you factor in the power generation for the EV. A good number of EV owners install solar panels on their roofs to help charge their cars.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Crosstrek would never be on my radar.
It was on mine, because it's one of the few cars you can get with a stick shift, and I absolutely HATE driving an automatic.

Main issues are the 2.0 is underpowered for the weight, and the fuel cap is on the wrong side.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK, why this needed announced is beyond me. People buy a Bronco and are shocked its not a daily.
I plan to use mine as a daily. Better visibility than the Mustang, and a lot more storage as well. Also, short wheel base, so great in parking lots. Mileage should be about the same. Biggest problem is the tiny tank.

If someone is driving 30,000 miles a year, they should buy a Diesel Jetta.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i love taking the roof off but man that highway noise as 80-85 is unbearable. We took it on a 3000 mile road trip for some off roading and camping. My wife and I had to always use noise canceling headphones the entire trip.
Yah I'm sure.

I think that's the big thing here Ford is missing. Many people LOVE the look of the Bronco. But many don't want all the enthusiast things like the removable top and doors which compromise noise, weatherproofing, etc.

Imagine that 80 mph trip with a fixed top but with a sun/moonroof/panoramic...would make a heck of a difference in experience.

Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yah I'm sure.

I think that's the big thing here Ford is missing. Many people LOVE the look of the Bronco. But many don't want all the enthusiast things like the removable top and doors which compromise noise, weatherproofing, etc.

Imagine that 80 mph trip with a fixed top but with a sun/moonroof/panoramic...would make a heck of a difference in experience.
my hardtop at 80 is not bad at all, tire road noise is far worse.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i love taking the roof off but man that highway noise as 80-85 is unbearable. We took it on a 3000 mile road trip for some off roading and camping. My wife and I had to always use noise canceling headphones the entire trip.
80-85 is NOT what a vehicle like this is designed to be doing. Just like a brick the aerodynamics of this thing are terrible that’s why it’s loud.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was on mine, because it's one of the few cars you can get with a stick shift, and I absolutely HATE driving an automatic.

Main issues are the 2.0 is underpowered for the weight, and the fuel cap is on the wrong side.
Where is the rule, law, or whatever that specifies a gas cap has to be on one side or another?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yah I'm sure.

Sounds like you should sell your earth warming Bronco and buy an earth warming Defender or how bout a Blazer.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where is the rule, law, or whatever that specifies a gas cap has to be on one side or another?
Passenger side fill, is dumb, annoying, and inconvenient.

I consider it a legitimate reason to buy something else.

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wish people would quit saying "car" when talking about the Bronco. It's not a car. And as far as gas mileage goes like I've pointed out many times it's most likely your driving that's the problem. There are Broncos out there getting 20+ real world mpg.
with the sasquatch wheels?

Im getting 17.2 with 2.7/squatch. I dont think I could do better without a higher % of highway miles.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn’t want the Bronco as my daily driver
This is reality to me. I played Fords terrible rollout for almost a year. During that time I debated changing my order to a 4 door, but really wanted a "real" Bronco, so i stuck with the two door. I kept telling myself, realistically after owning 2 Jeeps, that a Bronco, like the Jeeps, was really not a practical daily driver. I kicked around changing my order to a 4 door thinking of the added practicality, but just couldn't do it. In the end, Ford's continuous gaffes was enough for me to move on and buy a truck. My sister-in-law went out and overpaid for a Bronco because she's that lady who "has to have it" with the newest/coolest stuff. She bought a 4 door to replace her full size SUV. 2 months into it and she's living with serious buyers remorse. Good for her. I am truly not in love with the Bronco the way I once thought I was. I may own one someday as a 3rd vehicle and I still think the 2 door is what Ford did right. After several hours nit picking hers, I think the build quality and construction (materials) is very much below average. Definitely not something worth running out and paying over MSRP for.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you!! It's a proper body-on-frame. Which by the definition where I live, that means it's registered as a truck.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is reality to me. I played Fords terrible rollout for almost a year. During that time I debated changing my order to a 4 door, but really wanted a "real" Bronco, so i stuck with the two door. I kept telling myself, realistically after owning 2 Jeeps, that a Bronco, like the Jeeps, was really not a practical daily driver. I kicked around changing my order to a 4 door thinking of the added practicality, but just couldn't do it. In the end, Ford's continuous gaffes was enough for me to move on and buy a truck. My sister-in-law went out and overpaid for a Bronco because she's that lady who "has to have it" with the newest/coolest stuff. She bought a 4 door to replace her full size SUV. 2 months into it and she's living with serious buyers remorse. Good for her. I am truly not in love with the Bronco the way I once thought I was. I may own one someday as a 3rd vehicle and I still think the 2 door is what Ford did right. After several hours nit picking hers, I think the build quality and construction (materials) is very much below average. Definitely not something worth running out and paying over MSRP for.
What type of truck did you get? Going from a full size SUV to a Bronco definitely is a step down in terms of storage/utility in terms of what most use the SUV for. Bar none Ford materials quality is not top at all especially for the price point.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I totally get what you're saying ... but I am on the other side of that coin.

After years of driving the mind numbingly boring Outback , I needed something that stirred my soul.
As an early Bronco owner, the 6G is a God send!
MPG be dammed!!!

I did buy a 2dr and have the same issue as you, it's just difficult to live with even for just me.
Tossing the lunch box in the back seat of a four door is just works a ton better than having to open the tailgate.

It's like, take the dog and only a minimum amount of gear ... or leave the dog and pack it to the gills ... which still isn't much gear.

Me, wife and kiddo,(no dog) going on a weekender at a hotel just barely fit everything. No freaking way could we camp out of a 2dr.

My solution will be a small utility trailer, which will give me a ton of cargo capacity and I can use it for all kinds of other stuff, yardwork, hauling appliances or lawn tractors, tillers etc etc.

After having to unload heavy shit out of a F250, I'll pick the loading ramp of a utility trailer every day, twice on Sunday, as they say.
With a roof rack you'd be golden for room!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.