Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi guys.....

I have a random question and am hoping someone has come across the same and knows the answer!

I have removed my rear seats (2Dr. BD) and built a seat delete platform ...I never have friends riding in the back so why not make use of the wasted space, shed some weight and have a sleeping platform when I go camping!

Thinking further...

Actually I don't really have any friends but I do have a dog that loves me....

What if I pulled the passenger seat and built a secure platform for his crate (that way I would still have sleeping length space with the rear seat delete)

IF I removed the seat I'm sure I would get dash lights for the airbag that is no longer there.

If I drive around without the seat will I fry any sort of hidden airbag system electronics? Any modules that will cost a lot and create an electronic...history of malfunction?

I can be OK with a dash light if that is going to happen, but I don't want to make any expensive changes because I didn't realize I was going to fry a module or something.

I have read on other car forums that people have had luck putting a resistor in line with the airbag connection to trick it into thinking that the bag is still in the loop. Anyone had any experience with that on a Bronco?

Thanks in advance!

J
Sponsored

Last edited: