K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the 2 door owners..... When you lift the lever on the top of the seat to pull the seat forward when getting into the rear seat, is there any way to get the seat to go back to the position it last was on the track when pushing the front seat back?
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep. Just slide the seat bottom back first (goes back to the correct distance), then tip the seat back (locks in at the correct angle). This is the same way front seats in 2 door cars have mostly done it over the years.

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. Just slide the seat bottom back first (goes back to the correct distance), then tip the seat back (locks in at the correct angle). This is the same way front seats in 2 door cars have mostly done it over the years.
So you are saying with the seat back still tilted toward the dash, push the seat butt back and then tip up? Or do you have to pull the lever under the seat butt first?

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you are saying with the seat back still tilted toward the dash, push the seat butt back and then tip up? Or do you have to pull the lever under the seat butt first?
you literally just slide it back into position and then push the seat back up (folded down).

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had my Bronco since the end of January and it was only a few weeks ago that I learned about the release at the top of the seat. No mention of it in the owner's manual. Works much better than using the two levers. It's still difficult to get back there, though.

Most of the time you just slide the cushion back then push the seat back. Except that at least once mine wouldn't slide back except using the lever under the seat, so your mileage may vary.
Except for the 2005 Mustang. I could never understand why Ford couldn't make that seat work that way if VW could do it in the 2000 bug.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the replies. I'll try this method instead of normally pushing the seat back first

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seat down, slide forward. Slide back, seat up.
Sponsored