Sponsored

Second Annual "Run to the End" 2023 (Apr 22)

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lets do this!

Ronald Steiger
Joel Blitzer
For this event, do you think you could ask for the participants to maybe bring a can of non perishable food so we can bring it to a food bank ? If you think appropriate?
Sponsored

OP
OP
helifino16

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lets do this!

Ronald Steiger
Joel Blitzer
For this event, do you think you could ask for the participants to maybe bring a can of non perishable food so we can bring it to a food bank ? If you think appropriate?
As long as you're willing to organize and take the items. This is a great idea. I'm all for it.

Hopefully Joel can post it on the FB group as well.

See you all there!

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of today I’m in - looking forward to it with my 2 door.

Group doing anything on the beach for this event? Will we need to air down/up?

Also please post any updates/changes here in this thread. I don’t do FB.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As long as you're willing to organize and take the items. This is a great idea. I'm all for it.

Hopefully Joel can post it on the FB group as well.

See you all there!
It has been on FB for a while and was posted on Instagram today

Last edited:

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As of today I’m in - looking forward to it with my 2 door.

Group doing anything on the beach for this event? Will we need to air down/up?

Also please post any updates/changes here in this thread. I don’t do FB.
All required permits and equipment are required for the outer beaches... Must ALWAYS air down when driving on the beach.... Or we can have a demo of how to rescue a 2 dr Bronco from the beach. I plan on hitting Montauk County park which we access near where we will be tailgating at the end of the road.

Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All required permits and equipment are required for the outer beaches... Must ALWAYS air down when driving on the beach.... Or we can have a demo of how to rescue a 2 dr Bronco from the beach. I plan on hitting Montauk County park which we access near where we will be tailgating at the end of the road.
Ok thx.

This is all new to me and will be a great learning experience.

Just got my 4x4 Fishing Permit.
Will bring fishing rods, tackle, etc
Have a shovel, jack & jack board.

Need to pick up tow rope and portable toilet.

Do they check for all of it?

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok thx.

Portable compressor and hose.
Ok thx.

Long Island beaches 4x4 club has a beach driving class this Sunday at demo, let me know if you need the complete details.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Portable compressor and hose.

Long Island beaches 4x4 club has a beach driving class this Sunday at demo, let me know if you need the complete details.
Good morning. Subscribed to Long Island Beaches 4x4 club last night but didn‘t see anything about the beach driving class.

Please send me details - would love to check it out.

Thank you.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good morning. Subscribed to Long Island Beaches 4x4 club last night but didn‘t see anything about the beach driving class.

Please send me details - would love to check it out.

Thank you.

****IMPORTANT…. FISHING LICENSE, GEAR AND SURFING OR FISHING PERMIT REQUIRED! WE WILL NOT HELP OR ASSOCIATE WITH ANYONE NOT IN FULL COMPLIANCE OF STATE REGULATIONS!!!!!***** read the back of your permit for required gear and come prepared please!
This will be our 3rd beach driving class. Last year we had about 40 vehicles show up and it was a great success. We even showed some AWD not 4WD vehicles that are beach capable how to navigate the beach with ease. *if you are unsure if your vehicle is beach compatible reach out to myself or the moderators and we’ll let you know beforehand* I’m setting this event early to give people ample time to schedule.
***IMPORTANT….. WE WILL MEET AT ROBERT MOSES FIELD 2 PARKING LOT IN THE WESTERN MOST AREA***
This gives us space to wait for arrivals and go over the plan, have introductions etc, and not be in peoples way. We will also air down our vehicles from there and take the short trip around the corner to demo. (We can’t have 40 vehicles show up to the air down area at once and clog it up) Please respond going if you truly are attending so we know who to expect.
What will you learn?
-GEAR what gear is required, also what’s not required but good to have, and how to use it properly
-AIRING DOWN/UP How to air up and down your tires to the correct psi
-BEACH DRIVING general tips on how to navigate the sand safely and effectively
-SAFETY (self explanatory)
-RECOVERY PROCEDURES this is very important. How to get yourself out of the sand without destroying your vehicle or someone elses is not easy. Also how to fix the sand afterwords so someone else does not get stuck in the hole you created. As well as how to properly attach and use a tow strap or chain. We will also have merch from our amazing sponsors at 27 east designs available for in person sales.
***Keep an eye out for a post regarding upcoming club membership opportunities and or how to donate to the cause. We are proud to announce that by the time of this event we will be a licensed and insured non for profit club.
LI 4x4 Beach Driving Class

OP
OP
helifino16

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was wondering if anyone was able to take advantage of the LI 4x4 Beach Driving Class (mentioned above) this past weekend? How was it? Any idea (or indication) that there might be additional dates?

That may be all the encouragement folks may have needed to venture out on the Sand after our 'Run to the End' this coming weekend. I know several people expressed an interest in that.

Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was wondering if anyone was able to take advantage of the LI 4x4 Beach Driving Class (mentioned above) this past weekend? How was it? Any idea (or indication) that there might be additional dates?

That may be all the encouragement folks may have needed to venture out on the Sand after our 'Run to the End' this coming weekend. I know several people expressed an interest in that.
Wanted to but Greek Easter made it tough. Would definitely check this out in the near future.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here are a few of our friends at the beach driving class. Over 100 vehicles attended. It is hard to do one in season when the beach space is limited. If there is interest, I can give a quick class on Saturday while we tailgate in Montauk.

499761[/ATTACH]
Ford Bronco Second Annual "Run to the End" 2023 (Apr 22) 0175AEF9-4077-4B00-BFAB-C65E3D9E9DB1
Ford Bronco Second Annual "Run to the End" 2023 (Apr 22) 3278F7D8-6287-463A-A00F-6F54C7FDFCB2
, member: 24830"]

Attachments

Last edited:

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The weather is looking good for Saturday!

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are a few of our friends at the beach driving class. Over 100 vehicles attended. It is hard to do one in season when the beach space is limited. If there is interest, I can give a quick class on Saturday while we tailgate in Montauk.
I’m interested.

OP
OP
helifino16

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just a 'bump' to say that we are really looking forward to everyone joining us 'out east' tomorrow. The weather looks like it will cooperate and we've had a lot of interest, so it will be a great day. If you're on the fence, go for it! We will welcome you to our event and your Bronco will add to our collective enjoyment. See you there!

DM me today with any questions. Pictures will be posted next week.
Sponsored