redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What fenders are those, the black extended piece really adds a nice contrast to the fender body flare, very nice!

Loving your build! 🍻

ADV 8's for sure. @Gtrekker has those as well. Agree the black does add a nice contrast. Their 5" flares would look nice with those as well. 😁

Ford Bronco SEMA ‘23 | BOOTH 11353 by Archetype Racing 20230715_130651
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ADV 8's for sure. @Gtrekker has those as well. Agree the black does add a nice contrast. Their 5" flares would look nice with those as well. 😁

20230715_130651.jpg

20230715_130651.jpg
Hey, thanks for the mention!!!👍👍

Once I install the Mid package (3") in December I will do a full walk around of my build.

Just feeling a bit anemic on my tire poke...

20230812_161730.jpg

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When I upgrade to 37s I want lighter weight wheels to offset the increased tire weight
I haven't actually run the full math, but the wheel assembly moment of inertia is more important than its weight. The mass further/furthest away from the center of the wheel matters the most as each bit of it contributes with an r^2 factor to moment of inertia. In other words, from the performance perspective the tires weight matters more than the wheels weight. The fact that tires are heavier than wheels further magnifies the effect of its mass being at a larger radius.

So in short, don't worry about wheel weight. You are almost for sure, not going to get a lower total wheel assembly mass nor moment of inertia when bumping up tires size by +2" by saving ~5 lb on the rim itself.

taconic41

Black Diamond
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond, Sasquatch, 7MT, Race Red.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are we going to see the roof rack?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’ll bring somewhere between 7-10 wheel designs to SEMA. A mix of forged monoblock or off road bead lock capable wheels. We’re already working on carbon fiber barrel/billet hub & spoke designs for our Tarmac line.
IMG_2920.jpeg
I know this will be revealed soon, but I cant wait! Will you offer beadlocks in positive offsets? I could not find a single beadlock option that was positive other than OEM (or extremely expensive made to order sets). Everything is 0 or negative (don't understand why). Positive offset would let us run portals and/or long arms with less width penalty. Folks looking for beadlocks are the ones looking for functional performance anyway! Not sure I could stomach the cost to buy beadlocks again (I do love mine even at 0 offset) but I have to stand up for the positive offset gang regardless!

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know this will be revealed soon, but I cant wait! Will you offer beadlocks in positive offsets? I could not find a single beadlock option that was positive other than OEM (or extremely expensive made to order sets). Everything is 0 or negative (don't understand why). Positive offset would let us run portals and/or long arms with less width penalty. Folks looking for beadlocks are the ones looking for functional performance anyway! Not sure I could stomach the cost to buy beadlocks again (I do love mine even at 0 offset) but I have to stand up for the positive offset gang regardless!
We absolutely can do that for you. Since we’re machining these wheels in house, we can design and machine wheels to your specs. We even have a program where you can work directly with us to design your wheel from scratch. I believe we have 2 or 3 spots left for that option at a reduced cost for the wheel launch. PM me if you’re interested.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't actually run the full math, but the wheel assembly moment of inertia is more important than its weight. The mass further/furthest away from the center of the wheel matters the most as each bit of it contributes with an r^2 factor to moment of inertia. In other words, from the performance perspective the tires weight matters more than the wheels weight. The fact that tires are heavier than wheels further magnifies the effect of its mass being at a larger radius.

So in short, don't worry about wheel weight. You are almost for sure, not going to get a lower total wheel assembly mass nor moment of inertia when bumping up tires size by +2" by saving ~5 lb on the rim itself.
I’d have to say most everything you’ve stated is correct. The tire’s weight is a huge contributor to rotational mass. This primarily affects acceleration & deceleration. The wheel and tire’s linear travel on a single axis.

The other aspect of vehicle dynamics around suspension and steering is unsprung mass. Basically everything from your tire touching the ground all the way to your suspension pick up points on the frame. Steering response, steering effort, bound, and rebound of your suspension, among other things. Essentially the other two axis of a three dimensional equation.

In these two axis, static weight of the entire assembly is paramount. Your wheels, once you’re at speed, are now large gyroscopes. The lower the overall unsprung mass and rotational mass, the less effort is required to change the direction (up / down / left / right) of the gyroscopes. This is where you realize the weight savings of lighter wheels, wheel offset, lighter wheel hardware, and also overall diameter coming into play.

Fordgirl2003

Wildtrak
First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We’ll see you in a couple weeks! If you’re attending SEMA, please, stop by and say hi! We’ll be debuting our new billet machined wheel line. We have specific designs with the Bronco in mind. Austin Berendes’ awesome build will be in our booth with a brand new set of billet bead lock wheels installed.

We’ll also have our current Bronco accessories installed on the Bronco and quite possibly some brand new gear!

See you there!
Ford Bronco SEMA ‘23 | BOOTH 11353 by Archetype Racing 20230812_161730
What fog lights are these? Thanks!

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’d have to say most everything you’ve stated is correct. The tire’s weight is a huge contributor to rotational mass. This primarily affects acceleration & deceleration. The wheel and tire’s linear travel on a single axis.

The other aspect of vehicle dynamics around suspension and steering is unsprung mass. Basically everything from your tire touching the ground all the way to your suspension pick up points on the frame. Steering response, steering effort, bound, and rebound of your suspension, among other things. Essentially the other two axis of a three dimensional equation.

In these two axis, static weight of the entire assembly is paramount. Your wheels, once you’re at speed, are now large gyroscopes. The lower the overall unsprung mass and rotational mass, the less effort is required to change the direction (up / down / left / right) of the gyroscopes. This is where you realize the weight savings of lighter wheels, wheel offset, lighter wheel hardware, and also overall diameter coming into play.
Yes, I was primarily discussing effective power loss effects. Minimizing unsprung mass is extremely important in overall suspension dynamics and achieving a high performance suspension. That said, you're not going to overcome the weight gain in a +2 size by going for a lighter wheel.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Icon rebound pro are positive offset, i run them

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thank y’all for the well thought out posts!🙌🏾
Sponsored