First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’d have to say most everything you’ve stated is correct. The tire’s weight is a huge contributor to rotational mass. This primarily affects acceleration & deceleration. The wheel and tire’s linear travel on a single axis.

The other aspect of vehicle dynamics around suspension and steering is unsprung mass. Basically everything from your tire touching the ground all the way to your suspension pick up points on the frame. Steering response, steering effort, bound, and rebound of your suspension, among other things. Essentially the other two axis of a three dimensional equation.

In these two axis, static weight of the entire assembly is paramount. Your wheels, once you’re at speed, are now large gyroscopes. The lower the overall unsprung mass and rotational mass, the less effort is required to change the direction (up / down / left / right) of the gyroscopes. This is where you realize the weight savings of lighter wheels, wheel offset, lighter wheel hardware, and also overall diameter coming into play.
This is also very noticeable in cycling wheels and tires. When I upgraded my 2009 road bike (aluminum rims with rim brakes) to a new 2022 bike (carbon rims with disc brakes), the tire/wheel weights were very similar but the performance difference was very noticeable as a significant amount of the weight was moved from the rims (which needed to be strong and heat resistant for the brake pads) to the discs that were much closer to the axle.
Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is also very noticeable in cycling wheels and tires. When I upgraded my 2009 road bike (aluminum rims with rim brakes) to a new 2022 bike (carbon rims with disc brakes), the tire/wheel weights were very similar but the performance difference was very noticeable as a significant amount of the weight was moved from the rims (which needed to be strong and heat resistant for the brake pads) to the discs that were much closer to the axle.
Interesting
What was the change? As in performance change or felt change

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Icon rebound pro are positive offset, i run them
I was looking at those, definitely a very clever idea. I still wouldn't classify it as a true beadlock, but it probably performs essentially the same in most conditions.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at those, definitely a very clever idea. I still wouldn't classify it as a true beadlock, but it probably performs essentially the same in most conditions.
I have first hand experience with
Hutchinson (double beadlocks)
USA6x6, stazworks double beadlocks
Marsh traditional beadlocks
Icon rebound pro

the Hutchinsons are absolutely in every way the best. I’ve run 0 psi intentionally and no issues

I routinely run 6psi on the icons no issues

I haw zero issues with icon vs traditional other than no tire is made to be clamp sealed the way traditional beadlocks work. I see no difference on performance on those two styles

Edit… I may or may not have also tried screws as a young man with dumb ideas….

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting
What was the change? As in performance change or felt change
It was both. The performance change was that the wheels are much easier to accelerate and change direction (since a large % the weight had moved from the rim to near the axle) as there is less gyroscopic forces (not sure if that is the term) to fight them. The change in feel is that this could be considered somewhat of a negative at high speed (like a 45 mph downhill) as they feel a little less stable over bumps and with wind gusts, which took a little while to adjust to.

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where do you find the time?

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What fog lights are these? Thanks!
Those are our Hammer Built Flush fit fogs that use Baja Designs S1s! Currently we have a 4 light kit available, but that 3 light kit that Austin is running will be available soon!

We are very excited for this build and very thankful that Austin will be able to show off some of our products at SEMA!

Fordgirl2003

Wildtrak
First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those are our Hammer Built Flush fit fogs that use Baja Designs S1s! Currently we have a 4 light kit available, but that 3 light kit that Austin is running will be available soon!

We are very excited for this build and very thankful that Austin will be able to show off some of our products at SEMA!
Thank you! Looking forward to that 3 light version! Enjoy SEMA!

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fantastic build. I love the clean mounting of the four lights on top of the bumper. How do you mount all four of those? I get how the outer two lights mount using the existing holes on the bumper, but what about the inner two? Do you have to drill into the bumper to mount the inner two? Or is there a bracket that holds all four? Looks like a great design. Thanks!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

Barny227

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My favorite build to date.

Rezzak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We’ll see you in a couple weeks! If you’re attending SEMA, please, stop by and say hi! We’ll be debuting our new billet machined wheel line. We have specific designs with the Bronco in mind. Austin Berendes’ awesome build will be in our booth with a brand new set of billet bead lock wheels installed.

We’ll also have our current Bronco accessories installed on the Bronco and quite possibly some brand new gear!

See you there!
IMG_2913.jpeg
IMG_2914.jpeg
IMG_2915.jpeg
Please DM me a link to the build list? This is amazing. Would love to see these fenders and wheels etc on a Bronco Rapt

eqlol

Everglades
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

What light bar is that?

paleh0rse

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm very interested in that entire lighting solution. The round lights look sick!
Sponsored