Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not only do you have to have the battery power, but you need enough nonvolatile flash memory in the system that can be written over and over. When this memory fails from operations, you don't want the car to become inoperable, so it's probably got to be a separate module.

Flash memory lasts a long time these days, but I've been running 24/7 security cameras at home. I've had to replace several microSD cards over the years when they failed. My cards have a higher duty cycle than Sentry Mode would, but all my cards are also in climate controlled spaces. Come to think of it, my car dashcams have also killed a few microSD cards.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They offer a front camera on several models including the Bronco.

I know on other models it shows the front bumper and ground.
I found an aftermarket wiring/electronic kit for my car, for connecting a front camera, and it has various settings. For example, it can be set to turn a display screen on automatically at slow speed, such as when you might be parking. Or can manually switch between camera views. I might look further into that if the cost is not too much.

Billm0066

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not only do you have to have the battery power, but you need enough nonvolatile flash memory in the system that can be written over and over. When this memory fails from operations, you don't want the car to become inoperable, so it's probably got to be a separate module.

Flash memory lasts a long time these days, but I've been running 24/7 security cameras at home. I've had to replace several microSD cards over the years when they failed. My cards have a higher duty cycle than Sentry Mode would, but all my cards are also in climate controlled spaces. Come to think of it, my car dashcams have also killed a few microSD cards.
on Tesla’s sentry mode requires a separate drive plugged into the usb so it can write onto that.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco has the ability to do OTA updates....so you never know!
Use the parking sensors as motion detectors and start recording!
Ouch, I guess no engine tunes will be out anytime soon. Youll pay through the nose for it. Sucks cause the 2.3 can easily handle 310HP
Sponsored