First Name
CactusJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey guys, I just wanted to drop a post here about a recent experience I had with Serramonte‘s service department on my 2012 Mustang. I am posting here mostly cause I need to vent, I dont do Yelp, and you guys might actually care, or at the very least want to know about what i had to deal with.

First things first, I know a sales dude post here from Serramonte. I have emailed hime twice for different reasons and he has always responded quickly and been super helpful. Kudos to him.

Anyways, here is my experience.

I brought in my 2012 Ford Mustang for service on April 19th. I had requested a diagnostic on the clunk I was hearing. It was determined that the noise was rear sway bar related and I agreed to having the car repaired. On Friday April 23rd I went to temporarily pick up my car as I needed it for the weekend, and I was to return it on the next Monday. When I arrived at Serramonte Ford I looked at my car and saw the right front fender was damaged. After speaking to Kyle Roderick and Henry Bueno it was determined that Henry was driving another vehicle and backed into my Mustang. This had apparently happened on Wednesday the 21st and Kyle states that he had mistakenly notified another customer that it was their Mustang that was damaged.

I accepted a loaner car with the understanding that my car would have the sway bars repaired and be sent to a body shop. Kyle told me he would order a fender before it went to the body shop. The car went to the body shop on April 26th and was returned to Serramonte Ford on April 30th. On May 1st Kyle called explaining that the body shop attempted to pull the dent, and it was not up to the standards and would be sent back for a fender replacement. On May 11 the car was back at the bodyshop. May 14th Henry called saying the car would be done on Tuesday the 18th. On the 18th the car was returned to Serramonte Ford, but I was not called until May 20th saying my car was ready. On the 21st I went to pick up my car.

The car was out front of the service department and I started to inspect it. The paint match was good, the panel gaps were acceptable, with the front fender to bumper being slightly mis-aligned. I then spoke with Henry and opened the hood. On further inspection I started to notice bolts missing inside the wheel well. I also looked under the car and the lower plastic pieces were missing many screws and bolts. I went to close the hood and realized the top plastic piece over the radiator was very loose and not properly seated. The more I looked, the more issues I found. I refused the car and asked Henry to repair all the damage and missing bolts.

I finally got the car back the next Tuesday, and the work was better. The missing bolts had all been replaced, and things were “acceptable“. The work is not great, but after having it fixed twice, and the lack of communication I accepted the car.

Driving the first time with a passenger I discovered the interior door handle would not open the door. I emailed the service manager and he denied that Serramonte could have caused this and that its a coincidence.

I have spoke with the General Manager of Serramonte who said he would call me back yesterday, and I have not heard a word From him.

The Mustang is now in another shop to have the door handle fixed and to document if any other work was done incorrectly.

Needless to say, I will never shop at Serramonte or any other Berkshire dealer.
Sponsored