Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi!

I have a Big Bend!

I hate its rims!

But I can't get myself to buy a whole new set of rims when the car's this new. It feels almost wasteful, so I'm thinking: "I've already got some rims, why don't I just paint them?"

So, I've been wanting to see if anybody else here has done the same, and if so, how they'd look in real life. I've done a quick and cheap Photoshop job to get an idea, but it'd still be nice to see it in the flesh. Considering having mine wrapped in matte black to match the Bronco's plastic accenting, but we'll see.

Ford Bronco Show your wrapped/painted Big Bend rims 1697111188528
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'd plastidip before I spent the time/effort to wrap them. It's pretty durable and when you're tired of it you can just peel it off and go with a different color or go back to stock.

OP
OP
MEAT_GOD

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd plastidip before I spent the time/effort to wrap them. It's pretty durable and when you're tired of it you can just peel it off and go with a different color or go back to stock.
Probably that, yeah. Either way, its temporary nature isn't actually that important to me, so I might just paint them if that's a cheaper option. They can't look much uglier than they already are, and if I ruin them, that'll just be a good excuse to get new ones.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a '21 Big Bend. I, too, dislike the rims.

I liked the upgraded all black aluminum wheels from the Black Diamond. I just went on FB marketplace and was patient until they came in at $300 for a set of 5 on a takeoff scenario.

Now, that upgraded wheel will be standard so I anticipate the market will eventually be flooded with this exact wheel once '24s are made again.

EDIT: i see you are in Kuwait. That might make my scenario a smidgen tougher. Lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MEAT_GOD

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
EDIT: i see you are in Kuwait. That might make my scenario a smidgen tougher. Lol.
Yeah, not many other Bronco owners willing to give off their old rims here. Especially not non-BB's.
Sponsored