BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just tried to rent a 6x12 covered trailer from U-Haul and they said since you have a soft top they won’t rent it but hard top they would.

any ideas why? Can I still tow a trailer on my 4 cylinder?
Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your 4 cylinder, and the Bronco itself, is fully capable of towing. The issue is UHaul's policies. They won't allow a soft top SUV to rent due to an increased likelihood of rollover, combined with the decreased safety of a soft top in that rollover accident. They won't allow Jeep Wrangler's with soft tops to rent either. You may find a mom-and-pop UHaul rental place to be more lenient on the rules than a UHaul corporate store, but no promises. There are probably other options in your area depending on your usage.

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Soft top and renting / towing UHaul 456C85B5-B84C-41A1-AE7C-E5823B24B8B3

OP
OP
BroncoOB

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t see a logical reason for this at all especially this has been enforced for decades and safety has improved ever since.

Thanks for the feedbacks

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Once someone was towing a load of sharks in their Uhaul. A bad accident on the highway caused the sharks to be thrown from the trailer. Unfortunately the tow vehicle was a top down Wrangler. The sharks landed in the cabin and all persons were killed. Ever since no convertibles or soft tops are allowed to tow.
Sponsored