Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So quick question for the brain-trust...

Finally got Buckshot on Friday, yesterday morning took the windows off, put the top down, and got to take a test-drive in beautiful Florida sun. Amazing. Anyone still waiting, they really are worth the wait ...

Unfortunately even if we had a mind to let it sit with top off, which we do not, that Florida sun just mercilessly melts everything over time, we couldn't because of Florida condensation overnight into the morning. I mean the sun came up around 7AM yesterday and it wasn't until 10+ everything was relatively "dry" ... but here is my point/question ... We put the windows and top back on yesterday, took a little bit of effort (but I suspect it just comes with time and practice ... no surprises there...) and when you are done with the 3 windows, you can just fold the top forward and push the two latches.

But watching Ford Motor Company's OWN VIDEO on how to do it -

--- if you start around 4:34 , they fold the top forward fully, push the two latches, done. But ... is there some way or method or technique that the "seals" of the front top need to be secured into the top of the windows or side areas or something like that? You really just fold the top forward, click the two latches, and that's that? I just want to be sure because it's not Rainy Season yet here in FL but eventually one day it is going to rain and then it rains daily for like, oh I don't know, 3 months ... so I want to be prepared.

Thanks!
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If your going from fully down( I think they call it position 2). There are two latches that engage over the rear doors. This is where you press down to release when going from position 1 to 2. Make sure those latch. I flip it up from full down position. Check the latches by lifting gently on both sides. If not latched lift a couple inches and bring down firmly. Once they are latched then yes flip the front back down two latches and your good. 👍

OP
OP
Ser Arthur Dayne

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok thanks, yep that is exactly what we did. Much appreciated.

Today I may just do the flip-back because I don't feel like taking everything on and off but I do envision me regularly taking the top off, it's just so sweet like that.

I remember when I was 17, my old man traded my- his ... - (beautiful, beloved, extremely-popular-with-the-girls) Jeep Wrangler Sahara for a BMW Z3. I was 17 so energy was not a problem and I used to take the top down all the time. The doors and windows would fit in the back seat and if an emergency came up I'd get it on quickly. I mean in 20F Jersey Winter Weather and 100F Summer Scorchers and everything in between. BUT ... the Germans engineering ZW was something else entirely. Two little latches, just like the Bronco, and then you pushed a button and 10 seconds later, down ... SIMPLE. You had to have your foot on the brake but you could be lightly-depressing the brake pedal as you coasted up to a stoplight and by the time you got there, down. The guy across the street in our townhouse community had a red Corvette with a tan top, but he had to get his ass out of the car and fold it down manually. Haha sucka! Them Germans know what's up.
Sponsored