Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took the front doors off this week for the first time. Was putting passenger door on as carefully as possible but still chipped the paint. Weeeeee!

EFE8F1C3-8FBF-492D-B3B9-A0EF8F36BC9F.jpeg
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took the front doors off this week for the first time. Was putting passenger door on as carefully as possible but still chipped the paint. Weeeeee!

EFE8F1C3-8FBF-492D-B3B9-A0EF8F36BC9F.jpeg
Get your self one of those touch up paint pens the dealers usually sell and get a clear coat pen as well or a black sharpie lol looks like a rock chip at least there is no dent

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t have the desire to take them off again. Wanted to do it a least once, but I prefer them on. As for paint, I have to get my dented hood fixed and repainted anyway, so I’ll see if the shop will touch up that spot while they are at it.

Sponsored

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Chipped paint putting door back on EFE8F1C3-8FBF-492D-B3B9-A0EF8F36BC9F
Touch up and ceramic coating is in my near future.
I also recommend adding protective film to the roll cage. I scratched mine removing the top when it swayed a bit on the hoist.
Ford Bronco Chipped paint putting door back on F36E493A-1198-4576-A8B3-FEB2DB9575B0

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t have the desire to take them off again. Wanted to do it a least once, but I prefer them on. As for paint, I have to get my dented hood fixed and repainted anyway, so I’ll see if the shop will touch up that spot while they are at it.
E7EF9DBC-8A34-463A-84C3-420F1DD9AD4D.jpeg

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fully intend on getting that clear 3M paint protection film and putting it on the “spots where I’ll probably screw up” areas on my Bronco.

I’ve also been told by a buddy of mine (he’s a super DIY type) that it takes a few months for the paint & clear coat to fully cure on a new vehicle. Not sure how true that is… but I’ll probably refrain from taking the top/doors off for at least the first 2-3 months.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fully intend on getting that clear 3M paint protection film and putting it on the “spots where I’ll probably screw up” areas on my Bronco.

I’ve also been told by a buddy of mine (he’s a super DIY type) that it takes a few months for the paint & clear coat to fully cure on a new vehicle. Not sure how true that is… but I’ll probably refrain from taking the top/doors off for at least the first 2-3 months.
Well, I guess by the time I get mine from Dirt Mountain the paint will be at max cure level! At 60 days today!

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine should be about cured by now! Thank you Ford for protecting me from uncured paint!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How the hell is your hood dented did it come like that in delivery
Sponsored