Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking to take my wife up Soldiers Pass in the Bronco. I have the permit, but I've not actually done 'off-roading' before. Just checking in to see if this is something doable for a total novice.

I understand the principles, 4H, 4L and can maneuver fine, but I've not actually ever done it offroad. Think I can handle it without catastrophe?
Sponsored

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

https://azoffroad.net/soldiers-pass-trail

It's a 6/10 probably not the best place for a novice to be alone. It's not horribly difficult but you can get into trouble. Plus, Sedona is high enough you can get snow and ice this time of year. Bring a friend.

The well traveled Sedona rocks can be very slippery dry.

It's usually best to go out with some experienced people and learn some basic skills before doing any trails on your own. Bronco is a phenomenal tool, but if you use it wrong you can get in trouble.

Off Roadeo in Vegas would be a great primer for Sedona.

FWIW, I have many thousands of hours off reading. I would never go out on any trail alone without my recovery gear, maps, lots of water, food, tent, sleeping bag, tools, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://azoffroad.net/soldiers-pass-trail

It's a 6/10 probably not the best place for a novice to be alone. It's not horribly difficult but you can get into trouble. Plus, Sedona is high enough you can get snow and ice this time of year. Bring a friend.

The well traveled Sedona rocks can be very slippery dry.

It's usually best to go out with some experienced people and learn some basic skills before doing any trails on your own. Bronco is a phenomenal tool, but if you use it wrong you can get in trouble.

Off Roadeo in Vegas would be a great primer for Sedona.

FWIW, I have many thousands of hours off reading. I would never go out on any trail alone without my recovery gear, maps, lots of water, food, tent, sleeping bag, tools, etc.
Appreciate the feedback! New to the area so have no friends to go with but I appreciate you giving me some good advice.
Sponsored