First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cobra,Ranger,fj62. waiting on Bronco n Raptor R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m looking at the easiest way to upgrade speakers. I see some people have added those very small kicker amps. Has anyone done it on the Braptor? Also anyone change out the subwoofer yet? I gotta use the stock box or something similar since I don’t have any space in cargo area.

IMG_5139.png
Sponsored

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know next to nothing when it comes to upgrading speakers, but I know that the bronco needs some better ones! Following to see why solutions people have come up with.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Search", function works great.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dbraptor

Dbraptor

Raptor
First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

HPRBD60560

Black Diamond
First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve seen those. But not sure if they will fit in the Braptor the rear cross bar.
Ohhh.... you're right, I think they state not compatible with Brappy and 2 Drs. Sorry!

HPRBD60560

Black Diamond
First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve seen those. But not sure if they will fit in the Braptor the rear cross bar.
Our admin has these, not sure if they'll fit the Brap though either.

JL Audio M6-650VEX-Mb-S-GmTi

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m looking at the easiest way to upgrade speakers. I see some people have added those very small kicker amps. Has anyone done it on the Braptor? Also anyone change out the subwoofer yet? I gotta use the stock box or something similar since I don’t have any space in cargo area.

Ford Bronco Sound system upgrade IMG_5139
I upgraded 4" speakers with Pioneer, and an added Infinity subwoofer from Crutchfield, sound is awesome!

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm leaning towards some sort of wake tower speakers if I am not happy with my sound - seems more and more likely that's gonna be the case. Not even sure if I can get them squeezed in but if I need a custom bracket made I've got a few resources that can help.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI the sound system is exactly the same between the Raptor and the normal Bronco.

If you have the High package, you have the same 7-speaker (or 6-speaker with sub delete) that comes in the standard Bronco. And if you have the Lux package you have the same B&O system that comes in other Lux packaged Broncos. Nothing special about the Raptor... so any of the threads you see out there are applicable for the Raptor as well.

If all you are looking to do is swap some speakers around, that can be done fairly easily. If you are looking to go beyond that and install amplifiers and whatnot... that is MUCH easier to do with the High package than it is with the Lux package. The Lux package has a Digital Signal Processor, and working around that is simply more complicated and costly.

OP
OP
Dbraptor

Dbraptor

Raptor
First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FYI the sound system is exactly the same between the Raptor and the normal Bronco.

If you have the High package, you have the same 7-speaker (or 6-speaker with sub delete) that comes in the standard Bronco. And if you have the Lux package you have the same B&O system that comes in other Lux packaged Broncos. Nothing special about the Raptor... so any of the threads you see out there are applicable for the Raptor as well.

If all you are looking to do is swap some speakers around, that can be done fairly easily. If you are looking to go beyond that and install amplifiers and whatnot... that is MUCH easier to do with the High package than it is with the Lux package. The Lux package has a Digital Signal Processor, and working around that is simply more complicated and costly.
Thanks for the info. I just want better speakers and sub. So if I do those small kicker amps I should be good.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My Braptor standard 7 speaker audio build (about $1500 total):

4” Speakers in front dash and rear pods:

• Audiofrog GS42: Link
  • Bronco 4" Speaker Speaker Swap Wiring Set - with 300Hz Bass Blockers (bass blockers in front): Link
  • Design Engineering 050310 Boom Mat Speaker Baffles, 4" Round: Link

6.5” Kick speakers:
  • JL Audio C2650 woofer and crossovers only in kick panels: Link
  • Metra Electronics 72-5602 4-Way Speaker Harness Connector: get with Crutchfiled speaker order (Link) or on Amazon: Link
  • Metra 82-5605 Speaker Mounting Brackets: get with Crutchfiled speaker order (Link) or on Amazon: Link
  • Design Engineering 050330 Boom Mat Speaker Baffles, 6.5" Round: Link

Amp (for six speakers):

• Kicker 47Key200.4 mounted under steering wheel: Link
  • KIT 11-1 KICKER KEY 180/200,4 Harness and KICKER KEY 200.4 POWER ADAPTER PLUG: Link
I haven't messed with the sub yet.

Note: my objective was the crossovers built into the Audiofrogs, and the crossover for the kick woofer.

Last edited:

margareedaville

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Teejay3726

Raptor
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands & 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
MTI makes a raptor specific rear speaker pod. I swapped those out and put Focal 6.5s in them, did the same with the kick panels, and then put 4" FOCALs in the dash.

I am in the midst of changing out the factory sub with an 8" kicker they make for small enclosures, and then add a kicker 500.1 key amp.
Sponsored