First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anyone else have a noticeable pop when they press their brake as they start their Bronco?

It seems to only occur on cold starts, meaning if I drive somewhere and restart within say 10 -15 minutes, there’s no pop. However, if she’s been sitting all day or awhile, when I press the pedal and start there is always a noticeable pop, that I hear.

Never experienced this on my 2015 edge, not sure if it’s an issue or something unique to the bronco?
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I notice it. I assumed it was normal but...

Once when it was around 5deg F, the pedal slightly stopped halfway down and popped past with a much louder noise than normal. It was right where the regular pop would happen.

Two days later I had brake noises while driving. It was single digits out again. As the day warmed up the noise got softer then it was gone.

Neither the loud pop or other noise has happened again. It's been driven many other very cold days without issues.

OP
OP
1stCar76Bronco

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for replying. I doubt is an issue, but I’ve never heard this on any other vehicle.

I was wondering if it had something to do with the suspension. I’m sure someone out there knows.

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have experienced the same brake pedal click/pop upon pressing the start button, some days more apparent than others. This doesn’t occur at every start but enough to have some concern. Anyone else?

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m gonna bump this thread, because I’ve been having some issues.

During normal operation my brake pedal will clunk & I can feel it almost pushing back, like ABS on a light scale. Doesn’t seem like it affects performance of the brakes, but it’s noticeable under my foot. Mostly happens under light braking, during slower city driving.

I’m waiting to take it to the dealer, but curious if anyone has something similar?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m gonna bump this thread, because I’ve been having some issues.

During normal operation my brake pedal will clunk & I can feel it almost pushing back, like ABS on a light scale. Doesn’t seem like it affects performance of the brakes, but it’s noticeable under my foot. Mostly happens under light braking, during slower city driving.

I’m waiting to take it to the dealer, but curious if anyone has something similar?
Hello, Cory! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this brake concern. Thanks!

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone discovered the reason this is happening? Started happening to me somewhat recently as well. Several clicks/pops when depressing the brake pedal as I press the start button. Its kind of unnerving sometimes.
Sponsored