Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Bronco
Black Diamond
Granted these arent jeeps and times have changed in build and quality, but hard top CJs used to be louder than soft top ones because it trapped the drivetrain noise insede more and reverberated it. I dont know if that applies. I want a hard top and a aftermarket soft top myself. Aftermarket hardtops will be too expensive later.
Advertisement

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Bronco
Badlands
Anybody else miss the zip out windows they used to have on the jeeps? Seemed so much easier. On those you could roll the windows up and latch them so you basically had a bikini top
As a current soft top Jeep owner, I can wholeheartedly say no. That soft top looks 1000x easier than the Jeep. I pay my kids to do the top.

SurfsUp85

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul 4u
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Anybody else miss the zip out windows they used to have on the jeeps? Seemed so much easier. On those you could roll the windows up and latch them so you basically had a bikini top

Yah the only thing that kept me from buying last week and saying screw the wait, was the soft top velcro. Anyone that has kids with velcro shoes knows that after a few months that velcro doesn't stick as much and with a top on a bronco, I can see this causing problems down the line. I'd prefer a hardcore zipper for sure or even a double layer of seal, velcro and snaps, or velcro and zipper. Something that will last a while in the snow and rain.

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Bronco
Undecided
Has anyone ID'ed the source of the whistle sound?

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tesla Model 3 Performance, '19 MX-5 Club
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

That video made my appreciate my JLUR's Sky 1-Touch top that much more, as it can be fully opened or closed in seconds going up to 50 or 60 mph. I wish Ford could offer something similar, but given the challenges they're having with much simpler tops, I'm not holding my breath.

ugafan706

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 auto soft top(delivered)
Bronco
Badlands
I just sold rubicon with sky touch top...just took delivery of soft top badlands....the only thing the jeep did better was convience of the top..but this top will go all the way down..and it's pretty easy to take completely off..but the on road driving is way better in the bronco...I drove it back home over 120 miles...the jeep was tiresome at 120 miles.

stuckinohio

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux (demo)
Bronco
Outer Banks
As a current soft top Jeep owner, I can wholeheartedly say no. That soft top looks 1000x easier than the Jeep. I pay my kids to do the top.
The JL soft tops are incredibly easy. Apparently Miles ahead of the JK and earlier models.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

No soft top for me. The road noise from passing vehicles is bad. It's also black and absorbs heat which is passed through to the inside
On top of that I figure brush on the trail will rip the vinyl windows

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Bronco
Outer Banks
Love all your videos. The one on the soft top was one of the reasons that I switch and I am glad I did at this point. Keep up the great work!

We need a soft top thread!

Advertisement

Ridergraphix
Advertisement