First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, seems Quadratec has a lightbar that is mounted inside the jeep behind windshield (close to roof).

My questions:

Is that appealing to you?

And, do you think you lose some Lumens / output ?

Seems like folks who have installed it, have taken care of some "spill" / glare below it with some rubber trim or something else.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, seems Quadratec has a lightbar that is mounted inside the jeep behind windshield (close to roof).

My questions:

Is that appealing to you?

And, do you think you lose some Lumens / output ?

Seems like folks who have installed it, have taken care of some "spill" / glare below it with some rubber trim or something else.
I don’t have experience with the quadratec one, but I do have experience with the emergency vehicle equivalent they are obviously inspired by.

Pros:

No one can see the silhouette of a light bar in their review mirror.

No wind noise.

Doesn’t impact MPG.

Don’t have to figure out how you’re getting power to the exterior mounted bar.

If it utilizes existing mounting locations (like sun visors) install can be pretty easy.

Cons:

Take up a bunch of room on the inside. Not a huge impact in visibility and non on head room, but it’s a little claustrophobic

If the unit isn’t sculpted to mate up with the windshield perfectly, with a gasket, you get a tone of glare down the inside of your windshield and off your dashboard. Specific vehicle geometry will make this different for all cars.

Mounting can be a problem. If they utilize a “no drill” approach where they interface with the sun visor mounts, sometimes they aren’t sturdy enough and you get some bouncing or the light bar.

You aren’t going to get as much of a wide throw as you would with lights outside is the vehicle... but it still might be fine for your needs.

Conclusions:

In all the ways that I’ve used them, they are awesome and can’t be beat if your goal is to have a “slick top” vehicle.

However, if you don’t care whether or not you have lights on the exterior of the vehicle, and your goal is to throw a lot of light without impacting the user experience, using one of these on the inside is almost always worse.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The bronco has alot going on in the visor area, I dont think it would work. Unless you hacked and put it inside all that plastic.

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F-350 STX, '06 Fusion SE, '19 Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The bronco has alot going on in the visor area, I dont think it would work. Unless you hacked and put it inside all that plastic.
I see they make a split visor light bar for the Jeep. Could be an option for the Bronco. Definitely interested in this product though if they design it for Bronco.
Sponsored