Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So this might seem like a dumb question, but I'm just making sure I make the right purchase.

I have a Rough Country winch mount and it has a provision for a 20-inch light bar. I was going to get a RIGID one but the way the screws are installed, it won't allow me to fit the light bar in. Rough Country makes their own light bar (https://www.roughcountry.com/product/20-inch-led-light-bar-70720bldrla), which will fit perfectly. I guess my question is that if it rated at 7200 Lumens, will this allow me to point the light "beyond" the reach of my stock high beams? I know it will make things brighter, I just want to make sure it will also allow me to see FURTHER down the trail. Thoughts? Advice?
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So this might seem like a dumb question, but I'm just making sure I make the right purchase.

I have a Rough Country winch mount and it has a provision for a 20-inch light bar. I was going to get a RIGID one but the way the screws are installed, it won't allow me to fit the light bar in. Rough Country makes their own light bar (https://www.roughcountry.com/product/20-inch-led-light-bar-70720bldrla), which will fit perfectly. I guess my question is that if it rated at 7200 Lumens, will this allow me to point the light "beyond" the reach of my stock high beams? I know it will make things brighter, I just want to make sure it will also allow me to see FURTHER down the trail. Thoughts? Advice?
Have it on my F150 and it is great for the price and does a good job. But...if in budget I would go baja designs for more light and much better quality. Baja has 2 versions one slim less power and Onx6 is the big daddy that will turn it into daylight.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as this particular, light bar is concerned, it should throw farther than your highbeams, considering it is a 30° spot beam patterned bar. Another thing to consider is that there are two different measurements of lumens that are often used in marketing, raw lumens and measured lumens. Rough country often states the raw lumens(I can’t immediately find which one it’s using for this bar), which is the theoretical hundred percent driven output of the light bar, in reality, you never achieve that and always have some sort of losses - Electrical and lens inefficiencies. This yields a much lower lumen output then stated, at times

Often time manufactures design their products around their own equipment, which may hoop you if you try to use a Rigid/BD/DD Light. If you don’t have the ability to fab up mounts or simply want an easy plug and play option, stick with RC.

That all being said, hold onto your receipt as moisture intrusion is often the death of these relatively inexpensive lights

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would just go with the RC light. It will throw more light than you can even imagine. If you need more then add more lights.

I'm not sure why the Rigid wouldn't fit. Their brackets look a little short but you might be able to get other brackets. Up to you if you want to spend 5x for the Rigid lightbar...

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah i figure that at $124......perfect fit, and i also get my Amber backlighting.....why not? If it gets messed up then just upgrade in the future. But as long as it "throws" farther than my high beams I'm happy. That's my issue now - I want more reach in front of me to cover more of the trail at night.
Sponsored