First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been one of the folks waiting patiently for years, watching Bronco concept vehicles teased at auto shows, reading the print and online articles about the Bronco development. Anxiously awaiting the day Ford made it official that the Bronco was actually returning. My first Bronco was a 1973, midnight blue metallic with a 302 and 3spd on the column. At its end of life there was more daylight showing through the rusted out body and floorboards then through the windows themselves, but that thing would go anywhere and do anything. When the Bronco release became official, I was, like most people, ecstatic. I could finally have a Bronco again.

When the reservation banks opened, I was one of many that were jammed in the online traffic and unable to get there. As such, I ended up being a day 4 reservation holder... having booked a 2 door, antimatter blue Wildtrak.. I did a screenshot from Build and Price which has been my "desktop" on my home and work computers every day since.. giving me the opportunity to dream a little during some downtime. Unfortunately, my reservation automatically linked to my closest dealership, Malloy Ford in Winchester, VA. A dealership I've known all my life, under various names, with the level of service declining each time the dealership changed hands. It's ok, I thought, all I need to do is to get them to push the paper through. I'll suck it up. That changed starting September 2020 when my 2018 Raptor needed warranty work. over the course of 3 months they destroyed my truck trying to fix it and refused to make it right in any way. That's a story for another time, but bottom line is that I despise them so much for how they handled the situation I won't so much as buy a bottle of water from the vending machine in the customer lounge. I cancelled my order with extreme prejudice, vowing to not give them a dime, or another minute of my time. I was beyond dejected.

As COVID ran rampant and the deliveries became delayed, I was less frustrated. I knew it was going to be years before I got my Bronco and had accepted an overseas assignment that was going to take me away until late 2022 anyway. It all works out I told myself. And then we evacuated my post on 30 Aug 2021. So here I was. No assignment. No Bronco. I continued to watch and read of the issues in delivery. The incessant delays. The MIC recall. The 2.7 engine issues. Maybe its all for the better that Malloy destroyed my Raptor and I cancelled my order I tried to convince myself.

As I continued to watch and read, I also passed the time doing nationwide searches for available vehicles. Seeing more and more Broncos on the road and on dealer's lots I began to have a little more faith that the delivery system was improving. I'll try again, I told myself. So in November 2021 I walked into a dealership (that was NOT Malloy Ford) and proclaimed "I'm here to order my Bronco!!" Only to find that antimatter blue had been discontinued. Bad Karma is my callsign for a reason I told myself as I hung my head and walked from the dealership and climbed into my recently purchased Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (having sold my previous Jeep in preparation for my recent "overcome by events" overseas assignment.)

As nights passed and we began a new year, I continued to read, dream, and search. Finding Broncos that were available on dealers lots that would do, but not exactly what I wanted. Found one that was close to what I would have ordered, in Carbonized Grey (the same color as the previously deceased Raptor, although they called it "Magnetic" then.) It was a relatively short drive away. Looked promising. And then the fine print revealed the markups. Nope. Not happening. The Jeep will just have to do (at least until my wife takes it on HER overseas assignment later this spring anyway.) I needed to find something.

And then it happened. At 0238 EST on 22 February 2022, I found my Bronco. It's as close to what I had originally reserved as anything I'd ever seen. Two door. Antimatter Blue. Lux Package. Sasquatch, Leather. It's a Badlands instead of a WildTrak, but I was on the fence initially anyway between the two and the Badlands could not be perceived at all as settling. The dealership's custom shop had done some basic mods (Ford Performance fender flares, FP hood scoop, leveling kit. Some Fuel wheels with Nitto Ridge Grapplers.) It, in my eyes was damn near perfect. I called. It was available. Talked to them a little more. Damn... some markups, but they worked with me.

Bottom line: I pick it up tomorrow.

For all the trials and tribulations that it took to get to this point, It seems like I'll be getting 99.8% what I was looking for, for the price I wanted, and likely a year or more earlier than had I waited on my original reservation/order. Hang in there folks. I know it sucks, more than words can fully describe. But there's reasons for it, and things will work out. Whether that means they get back to the normal parts vendors instead of whoever they can find that can make stuff. Whether that means they change things up to where they add something you like better. Or ultimately put out a better, more reliable product, It will happen.

Don't lose faith yet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Glad you got the AMB two door you wanted, I was super bummed for you there until the end!

jamtra

Wildtrak
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's an awesome story!! Glad it worked out for you. Please post some pics and I hope you enjoy it!

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had a very similar story except fire took my '71 before the rust could. I also randomly found one at a dealership after cancelling my order due to the 2022 color changes. Congratulations. AMB is the best color old and new.
Ford Bronco Strange twist of fate... Full SmartCard 1-19-04 023

Ford Bronco Strange twist of fate... IMG_6399

OP
OP
equitasforall

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you got the AMB two door you wanted, I was super bummed for you there until the end!
Thanks!! The adventure begins tomorrow with the 2 day road trip to get her home!

Ford Bronco Strange twist of fate... 1646359475204
Ford Bronco Strange twist of fate... 1646359532907

Sponsored
OP
OP
equitasforall

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a very similar story except fire took my '71 before the rust could. I also randomly found one at a dealership after cancelling my order due to the 2022 color changes. Congratulations. AMB is the best color old and new.

Sorry to hear that! My 73 was lost to a head on collision with a drunk driver that nearly killed my mother. Only thing that saved her was that solid steel they used at the time. Both of those are gorgeous!

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great story and congrats! As you said going from a WT to BL is in no way settling. Max out the BL and you essentially have an FE!

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Malloy is shady as hell. THIS WEEK, they tried to sell me a 2 dr base($30K MSRP) for $50K, then called the next day and said it was $40k. Still too much btw. Weird thing is that I spoke to ‘Ethan’ both times and I’m 100% sure it wasn’t the same dude each time.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been one of the folks waiting patiently for years, watching Bronco concept vehicles teased at auto shows, reading the print and online articles about the Bronco development. Anxiously awaiting the day Ford made it official that the Bronco was actually returning. My first Bronco was a 1973, midnight blue metallic with a 302 and 3spd on the column. At its end of life there was more daylight showing through the rusted out body and floorboards then through the windows themselves, but that thing would go anywhere and do anything. When the Bronco release became official, I was, like most people, ecstatic. I could finally have a Bronco again.

When the reservation banks opened, I was one of many that were jammed in the online traffic and unable to get there. As such, I ended up being a day 4 reservation holder... having booked a 2 door, antimatter blue Wildtrak.. I did a screenshot from Build and Price which has been my "desktop" on my home and work computers every day since.. giving me the opportunity to dream a little during some downtime. Unfortunately, my reservation automatically linked to my closest dealership, Malloy Ford in Winchester, VA. A dealership I've known all my life, under various names, with the level of service declining each time the dealership changed hands. It's ok, I thought, all I need to do is to get them to push the paper through. I'll suck it up. That changed starting September 2000 when my 2018 Raptor needed warranty work. over the course of 3 months they destroyed my truck trying to fix it and refused to make it right in any way. That's a story for another time, but bottom line is that I despise them so much for how they handled the situation I won't so much as buy a bottle of water from the vending machine in the customer lounge. I cancelled my order with extreme prejudice, vowing to not give them a dime, or another minute of my time. I was beyond dejected.

As COVID ran rampant and the deliveries became delayed, I was less frustrated. I knew it was going to be years before I got my Bronco and had accepted an overseas assignment that was going to take me away until late 2022 anyway. It all works out I told myself. And then we evacuated from my post on 30 Aug 2022. So here I was. No assignment. No Bronco. I continued to watch and read of the issues in delivery. The incessant delays. The MIC recall. The 2.7 engine issues. Maybe its all for the better that Malloy destroyed my Raptor and I cancelled my order I tried to convince myself.

As I continued to watch and read, I also passed the time doing nationwide searches for available vehicles. Seeing more and more on the road and on dealer's lots I began to have a little more faith that the delivery system was improving. I'll try again, I told myself. So in November 2021 I walked into a dealership that was NOT Malloy Ford and proclaimed "I'm here to order my Bronco!!" Only to find that antimatter blue had been discontinued. Bad Karma is my callsign for a reason I told myself as I hung my head and walked from the dealership into my recently purchased Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (having sold my previous Jeep in preparation for my overseas assignment.)

As nights passed and we began a new year, I continued to read, dream, and search. Finding Broncos that were available on dealers lots that would do, but not exactly what I wanted. Found one that was close to what I would have ordered, in Carbonized Grey (the same color as the previously deceased Raptor, although they called it "Magnetic" then.) It was a relatively short drive away. Looked promising. And then the fine print revealed the markups. Nope. Not happening. The Jeep will just have to do (until my wife takes it on HER overseas assignment later this spring anyway.) I needed to find something.

And then it happened. At 0238 EST on 22 February 2022, I found my Bronco. It's as close to what I had originally reserved as anything I'd ever seen. Two door. Antimatter Blue. Lux Package. Sasquatch, Leather. It's a Badlands instead of a WildTrak, but I was on the fence initially anyway between the two and the Badlands could not be perceived at all as settling. The dealership's custom shop had done some basic mods (Ford Performance fender flares, FP hood scoop, leveling kit. Some Fuel wheels with Nitto Ridge Grapplers.) It, in my eyes was damn near perfect. I called. It was available. Talked to them a little more. Damn... some markups, but they worked with me.

Bottom line: I pick it up tomorrow.

For all the trials and tribulations that it took to get to this point, It seems like I'll be getting 99.8% what I was looking for, for the price I wanted, and likely a year or more earlier than had I waited on my original reservation/order. Hang in there folks. I know it sucks, more than words can fully describe. But there's reasons for it, and things will work out. Whether that means they get back to the normal parts vendors instead of whoever they can find that can make stuff. Whether that means they change things up to where they add something you like better. Or ultimately put out a better, more reliable product, It will happen.

Don't lose faith yet.
Ford Bronco Strange twist of fate... 65EC8421-C47A-423E-81F0-1B1F7F43BFB7

OP
OP
equitasforall

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Malloy is shady as hell. THIS WEEK, they tried to sell me a 2 dr base($30K MSRP) for $50K, then called the next day and said it was $40k. Still too much btw. Weird thing is that I spoke to ‘Ethan’ both times and I’m 100% sure it wasn’t the same dude each time.
Friends don't let friends deal with Malloy. I refuse to give that group anything. I got a call from them the other day offering to buy my wife's toyota. I politely explained that I would rather park it in the middle of a field and set fire to it than give them the opportunity to so much as touch it.

Sponsored

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry to hear that! My 73 was lost to a head on collision with a drunk driver that nearly killed my mother. Only thing that saved her was that solid steel they used at the time. Both of those are gorgeous!
Thanks.

The girl I had just started dating at the time (now my wife) and I pulled up to a stop light and a woman in a minivan next to us said there was smoke coming out from under the car. Within 30 seconds there were flames shooting 20 feet out of the hood. Electrical fire melted a fuel line and poof. Luckily the top was off so my roommate (who was in the back seat) was able to easily jump out too.

She understands why I searched so long for this one and why I'm already modifying the crap out of it.

OP
OP
equitasforall

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks.

The girl I had just started dating at the time (now my wife) and I pulled up to a stop light and a woman in a minivan next to us said there was smoke coming out from under the car. Within 30 seconds there were flames shooting 20 feet out of the hood. Electrical fire melted a fuel line and poof. Luckily the top was off so my roommate (who was in the back seat) was able to easily jump out too.

She understands why I searched so long for this one and why I'm already modifying the crap out of it.
Oh wow! Glad everyone made it out ok. Also glad you have the support at home for your new one. My wife is the same way. She can't wait to get on the plane tomorrow to go pick this one up!

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh wow! Glad everyone made it out ok. Also glad you have the support at home for your new one. My wife is the same way. She can't wait to get on the plane tomorrow to go pick this one up!
Awesome. Enjoy your road trip.

Considering this is in my garage I'd say my wife is VERY understanding of my nonsense.

Ford Bronco Strange twist of fate... IMG_5805

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome. Enjoy your road trip.

Considering this is in my garage I'd say my wife is VERY understanding of my nonsense.

Ford Bronco Strange twist of fate... IMG_5805
So nice!

Can you share more about your Bronco's bull bar? Which brand, price, or link, etc?

Also, is that the standard plastic bumper with fogs or the capable bumper?

Thanks!

OP
OP
equitasforall

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok... now you're just teasing!!!

Wow.... gorgeous... '67 was always my favorite body style. I've been looking for a '67 convertible, but decided Sam gets her '56 Bel Air first... she's put up with so much over the years it's the least I can do...
Sponsored