First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And you watching LiteBrite in a bronco. Sick!!
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No no, I’m just saying how everyone is up in arms about China spying, but I guarantee 99.98% of our lives is spent giving it to Google, and the intrusive social media triad - Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
My daughter did the same. I can confirm that we're all out there now, all the time. Even pulling the batteries from your phone, if you can, it's alive for listening, etc. Hard to believe but true.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read the last two posts multiple times....I still don't understand. Are you guys saying it's stupid to worry about the box....or it's stupid to trust a Chinese made box???
RIGHT? This one of those scenarios where a professional who does this every day is saying stay away, stay far away. That is unless you're not concerned about identify theft, getting locked out of all your accounts, etc. Perhaps they missed the part where my OEM phone was sending a pulse to Asia with every, damn, keypress.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have read the last two posts multiple times....I still don't understand. Are you guys saying it's stupid to worry about the box....or it's stupid to trust a Chinese made box???
The correct answer here is....YES. Does that clear things up? LOL. Seriously though, everything we touch that has a connection is at risk at any moment. If it's made overseas, the risk is even higher. Will they take your logins and lock you out of your accounts? Doubtful. Could it happen....almost definitley.

BroncoLV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, 88.5 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen a few different products out there. I currently use an app called AAAD with Car Stream that just mirrors my phone to the sync screen and use that to watch plex. I can't find the original install video I used but here is a similar one:

Even though the video says it has to be plugged in, mine is connected wirelessly and works fine.

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just have a rotating iphone mount in the 1/4-20 accessory mount, flip the phone horizontally and play videos that way (not while driving of course ;) ) and play the audio through CarPlay.

I just don't need to watch a video on the infotainment display.

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice!!

However, as an IT security guy, I'm super, super, duper, super (did I say super) skeptical over the Android build included with this and its origins. I barely trust Google produced devices to not exfiltrate data to China. I had to ditch OnePlus phones because despite whatever settings I disabled they still continued to do it with every button push and tap. I've not seen this behavior with a Pixel.
Nailed it! I have the 67 design bronco rails a have phone holders and an iPad holder. I can do all of this on the iPad, safely keeping my logins to everything safe(r).

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice!!

However, as an IT security guy, I'm super, super, duper, super (did I say super) skeptical over the Android build included with this and its origins. I barely trust Google produced devices to not exfiltrate data to China. I had to ditch OnePlus phones because despite whatever settings I disabled they still continued to do it with every button push and tap. I've not seen this behavior with a Pixel.
I used to would have labeled you a nut. Now I know you're right.
Sponsored