M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Guys/Girls,
I have a stupid question regarding the rear window Molly accessory. I love the look and functionality but I am curious how to have those and still be able to take off my hard top?

I have a Bronco Raptor and would love to have those but from the pictures I see they cover access to the bolts I need to remove for my hard top. Am I wrong? Might work for soft tops but unless I am mistaking can't be used for hard tops?

Anyone confirm for me?

Thanks
Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The panel for the rear side windows mounts off the roll bar so is away from the glass.
Coming from the rear you can fit your hand between the roll bar and the top and get to the bolts, but the front one is a little bit of a reach but can be done. So definitely doable will just take a couple of minutes to remove bolts

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah... that looks a little tight for my fat hands... dang. Good question!

Sponsored
OP
OP

DucatiExplorer

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah... that looks a little tight for my fat hands... dang. Good question!
LOL!! You mean I am not the only big guy Bronco owner?!! LOL yeah I am thinking the same thing I would have issues getting around that for sure.

Glad someone else had a curiosity as well.

Thanks buddy!!

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Guys/Girls,
I have a stupid question regarding the rear window Molly accessory. I love the look and functionality but I am curious how to have those and still be able to take off my hard top?

I have a Bronco Raptor and would love to have those but from the pictures I see they cover access to the bolts I need to remove for my hard top. Am I wrong? Might work for soft tops but unless I am mistaking can't be used for hard tops?

Anyone confirm for me?

Thanks
It depends somewhat on the specific brand of MOLLE panel you choose to install. I have the cheap Chinese ones and it is not very tight but would still be a hassle. However the MOLLE panel itself is held to the roll bar with 2-3 screws that will take only a minute to unscrew.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you get the addictive desert designs rear Molle panels , they actually bulge inward for a more flush design from the inside. The other benefit is it gives much more room between the window to get your fat hands in there. LOL. They are expensive but very nice. I have these on my Bronco and love them.

IMG_5205.png

Saltwater Junkie

Outer Banks
First Name
Sir Fishin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 7.3 F350, 22 7.3 F350, 23 2.7 BRONCO OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@DucatiExplorer
I just installed my @Rockworkx and then my @Mountains2Metal molle panels. With this combo there's a ton of room between the window and molle panel to reach the Rockworks bolts. You can almost reach the front bolts from the rear but the great design allows easy front bolt removal from the front.
Ford Bronco Stupid Molle Rear Question 20230910_154526
Ford Bronco Stupid Molle Rear Question 20230910_164048
Ford Bronco Stupid Molle Rear Question 20230910_164037

OP
OP

DucatiExplorer

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@DucatiExplorer
I just installed my @Rockworkx and then my @Mountains2Metal molle panels. With this combo there's a ton of room between the window and molle panel to reach the Rockworks bolts. You can almost reach the front bolts from the rear but the great design allows easy front bolt removal from the front.

Thank you for the pictures and the great reply!! I can see with that option that I would have enough space as well so Thank you for that.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DucatiExplorer

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you get the addictive desert designs rear Molle panels , they actually bulge inward for a more flush design from the inside. The other benefit is it gives much more room between the window to get your fat hands in there. LOL. They are expensive but very nice. I have these on my Bronco and love them.

Thank you. I do love the Addicted Design products from bumper to panels. Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I appreciate it.

taconic41

Black Diamond
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond, Sasquatch, 7MT, Race Red.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which one of these Molle panels does not cover the bottle opener that is in the driver's side pillar? That would be a major problem.
Sponsored