Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all of these delays I am just trying to make the best of it and try to plan out all my aftermarket purchases. I have never had a lift kit installed on a truck before and I have a question on the end height of the vehicle as it pertains to the Bronco. Trying to calculate if it will fit in garage after modifications so I'd appreciate any help.

We all have access to the heights of the various models so if I have a base Sasquatch and am going to have a full BDS 4" lift kit installed to put 37s on it. Will that extra height be in addition to what the sasquatch height was or since your essentially removing that suspension and adding new would be be calculated from the base non sasquatch height ?

I know its probably a dumb question for all of you that have done this before but just trying to plan ahead since I have nothing better to do that wait for God knows how long and sock $ away each pay day to make this Bronco the way I want it if and when it ever gets here.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New height would be measured from stock Base height. So, 4" + half the size of the tire delta added to stock Base. Has BDS announced a 4" lift kit? 4wp is convinced that 3, maybe 3.5" is the max you can go before having to address cv angles.

OP
OP

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

New height would be measured from stock Base height. So, 4" + half the size of the tire delta added to stock Base. Has BDS announced a 4" lift kit? 4wp is convinced that 3, maybe 3.5" is the max you can go before having to address cv angles.
According to BDS website they are offering from 2" - 6" . I think their full kit would address the CV issues but I'm no expert. I just know you pay alot for the BDS kits and they seem well respected and reviewed in the industry. I am the new guy all this though so just trying to stumble my way through all this research while I wait.

I do sincerely appreciate your help with my question though . Thank You

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
if I have a base Sasquatch and am going to have a full BDS 4" lift kit installed
Does a SAS need 4 inches of lift to fit 2” (diameter) larger tires?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does a SAS need 4 inches of lift to fit 2” (diameter) larger tires?
I guess I don't "need" anything for this Bronco , lol, it pretty awesome as is BUT I've been socking away like $300 a paycheck since reservation for aftermarket upgrades. The BDS kits hasn't been released yet but judging from their other kits it looks like it goes 2", 4" , 6" . Since the experts say it would take 3-3.5" to get 37s under it , The 4" BDS seemed like what I would need but again I'm no expert , just trying to learn. Since it doesn't sound like I'll be getting it anytime soon I'm just looking at what options might be available once im able to pick it up.

I find it more productive and less depressing than all the complaining and be frustrated. I decided I'm not changing my order and I'll wait it out . If I get kicked to 22 so be it , out of my control so I'm just distracting myself with what I could do and trying to learn new things.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guess I don't "need" anything for this Bronco , lol, it pretty awesome as is BUT I've been socking away like $300 a paycheck since reservation for aftermarket upgrades. The BDS kits hasn't been released yet but judging from their other kits it looks like it goes 2", 4" , 6" . Since the experts say it would take 3-3.5" to get 37s under it , The 4" BDS seemed like what I would need but again I'm no expert , just trying to learn. Since it doesn't sound like I'll be getting it anytime soon I'm just looking at what options might be available once im able to pick it up.

I find it more productive and less depressing than all the complaining and be frustrated. I decided I'm not changing my order and I'll wait it out . If I get kicked to 22 so be it , out of my control so I'm just distracting myself with what I could do and trying to learn new things.
BDS is pure vaporware at this point, they have never posted on this forum that I know of, 4WP and others have already shown solutions. BDS may be great but until they show what is possible with the Bronco, CV angles, etc, don't hold your breath.

Do they have a Bronco in their shop that Ford loaned them for development yet?

OP
OP

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BDS is pure vaporware at this point, they have never posted on this forum that I know of, 4WP and others have already shown solutions. BDS may be great but until they show what is possible with the Bronco, CV angles, etc, don't hold your breath.

If you go to their website they have a pic of one lifted on 37s I believe. I understand they aren't a presence on this forum but it seems they are on board with working with the Bronco. I will have plenty of time to sort this all out but they seem to be overwhelmingly the highest rated out there from my research and that's all I have to go on. Might change as I learn more but like I said just trying to find my way as this is all very new to me.

OP
OP

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Screenshot_20210529-192541_Chrome.jpg

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you go to their website they have a pic of one lifted on 37s I believe. I understand they aren't a presence on this forum but it seems they are on board with working with the Bronco. I will have plenty of time to sort this all out but they seem to be overwhelmingly the highest rated out there from my research and that's all I have to go on. Might change as I learn more but like I said just trying to find my way as this is all very new to me.
That is a Ford reveal photo that BDS played with in photoshop, it is not real!

BDS may be rated highest, but on what, Jeeps, 4Runners, F-150s?

They are not rated anything on the Bronco since nothing exists yet.

Ford Bronco Stupid New Guy Question About Vehicle Height WIth Aftermarket Suspension B-Bronco1

Last edited:

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you have sasquash package you should only need 1”- 1.5” more lift to fit 37’s

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4” lift with a 2” taller tire will be 5” total... so it’ll probably be around 77-78” tall overall. Just guesses though... however, I’m probably pretty close.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have sasquash package you should only need 1”- 1.5” more lift to fit 37’s
True, but 4wp has stated that additional spacers on top of Sasquatch allow for to much axle drop and potential binding. Now, they are in the business of selling suspension lift kits so take it for what it is worth.

Big ragu

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First off i love the idea of putting anyting on 37". These iui n the pic are 35s. Trying to get anyting on a 37" in a garage goes against conventional wisdom. Park on the street

Screenshot_20210525-223210_Messenger.jpg

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True, but 4wp has stated that additional spacers on top of Sasquatch allow for to much axle drop and potential binding. Now, they are in the business of selling suspension lift kits so take it for what it is worth.
He didn’t say anything about spacers...taller springs and maybe taller shocks give you that lift without the binding problem.
Sponsored