First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco O
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recently upgradEd my audio system with amp and powered sub. I purchased everything from Crutchfield and installed as directed. I was experiencing some noise upon startup and shut down. Crutchfield asked that I find a switchable fuse for remote power source. Can anyone recommend a switchable fuse that I can tap into. I’m hoping someone can suggest a fuse in the under dash box or engine compartment. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If u have aux switches, maybe use one. I dedicated my aux 6 to key on power items. It includes a trigger wire for amp, my CB power and my dash mounted USB . This will eliminate all those funky amp noises occurring when the car is still “awake”

OP
OP

EasyEdd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco O
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If u have aux switches, maybe use one. I dedicated my aux 6 to key on power items. It includes a trigger wire for amp, my CB power and my dash mounted USB . This will eliminate all those funky amp noises occurring when the car is still “awake”
Definitely an option, I was looking to just start and stop Bronco without any extra steps. Thank you for the suggestion!

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you are better off describing your system upgrade with parts and how you wired the amp, before taping onto a fuse. Was it a plug and play T harness to add the amp? Did you used a line level output converter? etc...

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely an option, I was looking to just start and stop Bronco without any extra steps. Thank you for the suggestion!
My pleasure. That’s what trigger wires are for if your amp supports that function. Lots of Bronco owners with amps that didn’t use trigger wire regret it very quickly with the funky noises that come through the speakers
Sponsored