First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question . . and I hope I am explaining this easily. I made 2 reservations. One on 7/14/20(OBX) and one a week later on 7/20/20(Badlands). My dealer placed the order under the 7/20 reservation and I am trying to get that switched to the earlier reservation of 7/14. They told me that it doesn't matter what reservation it's under as long as I am within their allocated number of 40 vehicles which they said I was.

I would feel a whole lot more comfortable if they would switch it to my earliest reservation because from what I hear Ford is building them based on the timestamp. My build is for a lot of the options that are limited availability(2 dr. , SAS, leather trim, 2.7 liter). The only difference if they can switch the order is that I would change to the Badlands.

I suppose I could simply cancel the order and put in a new one under my earliest reservation .
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question . . and I hope I am explaining this easily. I made 2 reservations. One on 7/14/20(OBX) and one a week later on 7/20/20(Badlands). My dealer placed the order under the 7/20 reservation and I am trying to get that switched to the earlier reservation of 7/14. They told me that it doesn't matter what reservation it's under as long as I am within their allocated number of 40 vehicles which they said I was.

I would feel a whole lot more comfortable if they would switch it to my earliest reservation because from what I hear Ford is building them based on the timestamp. My build is for a lot of the options that are limited availability(2 dr. , SAS, leather trim, 2.7 liter). The only difference if they can switch the order is that I would change to the Badlands.

I suppose I could simply cancel the order and put in a new one under my earliest reservation .
The trim that you reserved has *nothing* to do with what you can order. All that counts is the reservation timestamp (the time you actually made that reservation). Ford only asked for trims in the reservation to 1. get a feel for what demand was and 2. for First Edition specific since they are limited quantities and "sold out".

Just have your dealer build your earlier timestamp into your dream order. You can pick anything you want (except for First Edition).... and assuming you want your Bronco as early as possible, you should definitely build/buy off of the earlier timestamp.

Once that timestamp is "converted" into an order, then you can cancel your later reservation/order.

OP
OP

bpjontek

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The trim that you reserved has *nothing* to do with what you can order. All that counts is the reservation timestamp (the time you actually made that reservation). Ford only asked for trims in the reservation to 1. get a feel for what demand was and 2. for First Edition specific since they are limited quantities and "sold out".

Just have your dealer build your earlier timestamp into your dream order. You can pick anything you want (except for First Edition).... and assuming you want your Bronco as early as possible, you should definitely build/buy off of the earlier timestamp.

Once that timestamp is "converted" into an order, then you can cancel your later reservation/order.
thanks Zack..thats what I thought . I should have mentioned that my earlier reservation is still just the reservation, not an order . .
Sponsored