Sponsored

Pricing aside— why choose one dealer over another for reservation & order?

Brad Pitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ignoring differences in pricing, location, etc. is there a benefit to choosing one dealer over another competing dealer to place my order?

For example, I have about 4 Ford dealers within a half hour drive. Some are larger statewide/regional dealers and some smaller more local ones. Assuming all pricing, incentives, etc are equal, is there a way to know which dealership will be the best to go through?

I’ve read about dealer allocation, etc but who really knows... Trying to decide if I transfer a reservation to different dealer or not based on your feedback.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Feel". Who do you distrust the least?

B-ron-co

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt, honda civic hb
Your Bronco Model
Base
Their Doc fee may be higher, check around and go with the best deal.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The best one to go through is the one you feel comfortable with. Talk to someone at each and see if you think they are being honest and fair with you.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your question is about “allocation”, the answer is that we don’t have enough info about either what the formula specifically is or what a specific dealer’s numbers will be, to make a decision for dealer based on it.

So, my advice is buy your Bronco from the dealer you want to support with your money.

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One that won't lie to your face because they think they know more than you. And trust me, it's easy to tell with Bronco because they don't know more than us in most cases. 1/2 of them dont even know there's a Bronco other than the Bronco Sport.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, another one is when they treat you like a human being.

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ditto on the earlier comments. Do you see a common theme? Trust, reliability, reputation. Do the best homework you can and go with the one you feel most comfortable. Personal suggestion: don't be hesitant about expanding your dealer search to include those outside your immediate geographical area.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Talk to folks who have dealt with them. Personally, I prefer small where they actually know who you are...

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The one that doesn’t hassle you! Hello, my name is so and so, here’s my card if you need anything I’ll be inside.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’d prefer to use a dealer that knows at least as much as I do about the vehicle that I’m planning to buy if not more. But really, these days it normally does come down to $. When you get to my age, you’ve gone through several sales managers and service managers even at the same dealership. People don’t stay long it seems these days at one place.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one that doesn’t hassle you! Hello, my name is so and so, here’s my card if you need anything I’ll be inside.
I understand that many customers think this is what they want, but it's very demeaning to the salesperson to treat them like the cashier at a dollar store.

If it weren't for @Granger Ford, I would be looking for the one with the best service department. That's where customer loyalty gets tested the most. They can be all smiles to sell the vehicle, but the most frustrating experience would be if your Bronco needs repair/recall/warranty work and you take it in and it's held hostage by a horrible service department.

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are looking for 3 things - 1) honesty, 2) end to end superior customer service (sales person, service dept, administration, management / ownership) & 3) price.

To start, do your research and call each dealership and ask for the Bronco manager. If they don't have one don't go there.

You eliminated price in your question - allocation is not knowable at least yet so that would be added as #4 if you could know that answer. So look for #1 & #2.
Sponsored