First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So my dealer isn’t honoring the TSB on the subwoofer rattle since mine was built after 3/2023. So I’m just going to switch them out. Has anyone done this yet? Any brand recommendations? I’m assuming they are 8”?
Sponsored

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 84 SVO, 66 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The kicker 8” works fine with the stock amp.

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did the rattle go away?
Mine came with the fake amp and sub so I never had a rattle. Since adding the stock amp and Kicker sub, there has been no rattle or any other problem.

Jzam562

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the B&O system and had my subwoofer replaced at dealer once and rattle is back and annoying looking to upgrade as well

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my dealer isn’t honoring the TSB on the subwoofer rattle since mine was built after 3/2023. So I’m just going to switch them out. Has anyone done this yet? Any brand recommendations? I’m assuming they are 8”?
Don’t give up. I had hood flutter on a Chevy Colorado. Dealer said there was no official notice/repair so live with it. I said no. There has to be a first case/problem reported. Let’s consider me that first report. It got fixed. Just because the TSB is not for a Bronco after the date listed doesn’t mean more don’t have the issue. A 3dollar OEM woofer shouldn’t rattle a vehicle unless there is an assembly/design issue.

Carl Sagan

Wildtrak
First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WIldtrak HOSS 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
try a different ford dealer. My dealer is honoring the TSB. Each dealer has different management and some are much better than others. You can always tag Ford on this thread so maybe that will get it escalated for you.

OP
OP
cmbyrd77

cmbyrd77

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine came with the fake amp and sub so I never had a rattle. Since adding the stock amp and Kicker sub, there has been no rattle or any other problem.
Did you have to make any modifications to the box? I have an audio guy saying that 8” don’t fit and he’s had to mod the box on Broncos

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you have to make any modifications to the box? I have an audio guy saying that 8” don’t fit and he’s had to mod the box on Broncos
I’m sorry, I brain farted when I typed 8”. I put the 6 3/4” Kicker sub. No modification needed. I think others cut the hole bigger to fit an 8” sub.

PA BRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can you provide teh model number of the Kicker sub you installed? They list dual 2-ohm and dual 4-ohm in 6 3/4.

Thank you!

Sponsored

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you provide teh model number of the Kicker sub you installed? They list dual 2-ohm and dual 4-ohm in 6 3/4.

Thank you!
Kicker 48CWRT674

Porque No

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Hummer, 2001 Viper, 2011 CTS-V, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Kicker 8” will fit without modification to the OEM box. All you need to do is carefully pry the outer ring off of the Kicker 8” and fits perfectly.

johnavp1989

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Kicker 8” will fit without modification to the OEM box. All you need to do is carefully pry the outer ring off of the Kicker 8” and fits perfectly.
First in hearing this. Is there a thread on it or do you have pictures by chance?

Porque No

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Hummer, 2001 Viper, 2011 CTS-V, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

First in hearing this. Is there a thread on it or do you have pictures by chance?

There are a bunch of threads on audio upgrade I just can't find which one had those pics. I did not take any pics of my install but can tell you I had the B&O and upgraded all speakers. I added a Kicker Key 500.1 amp in addition to the factory amp with a plug and play harness to the 8" Kicker KICKER CompRT 8"(20cm) Subwoofer, DVC, 4-ohm, RoHS Compliant . It fit perfectly after I removed the subwoofer outer ring with no modifications to the OEM subwoofer box.

OP
OP
cmbyrd77

cmbyrd77

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where did you place the new amp?? I used to install car stereos in hs, but that was MANY moons ago!
Sponsored