First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Getting a "audio off" message and Sync 4 screen is black on new FE. I tried to reset it by holding the power button and forward for 10 seconds or whatever but it will not reboot. Any ideas?
Sponsored

kebinp

Base
First Name
Kib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Turn off battery and it will reset the system.

OP
OP

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Turn off, meaning disconnect battery?

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Disconnected the negative side of the battery. Still not working. Any other ideas?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Getting a "audio off" message and Sync 4 screen is black on new FE. I tried to reset it by holding the power button and forward for 10 seconds or whatever but it will not reboot. Any ideas?
Hey there! We definitely don't want you having a black screen with your new Bronco! Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so we can start looking into this for you?

OP
OP

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there! We definitely don't want you having a black screen with your new Bronco! Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so we can start looking into this for you?
Someone else from Ford reached out about a week ago, created a case, but then stopped responding. The dealer can't get me an appointment, even though I've purchased two Broncos from that dealer. The vehicle is not safe to drive without cameras, etc. It's super frustrating that Ford stopped replying and that a new bronco with less than 300 miles is having these issues. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Kim_Rn

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same thing happened to me this morning. No radio. Black screen

46F58111-CAB5-4728-ACB8-D60D6D588E07.jpeg

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone else from Ford reached out about a week ago, created a case, but then stopped responding. The dealer can't get me an appointment, even though I've purchased two Broncos from that dealer. The vehicle is not safe to drive without cameras, etc. It's super frustrating that Ford stopped replying and that a new bronco with less than 300 miles is having these issues. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
Youre joking, right? Please tell me you’re joking.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No joke. Being told the APIM is on backorder and no one knows when it will arrive. Unreal.
No, the part about the vehicle being unsafe to drive without cameras. it’s still got mirrors ya know.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had this happen a couple of hours ago. The radio rebooted three times in a row. The first time it was stuck on the horse, the second time the screen was black. Strangely the music was still playing.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had this happen a couple of hours ago. The radio rebooted three times in a row. The first time it was stuck on the horse, the second time the screen was black. Strangely the music was still playing.
Looking at my notifications, it looks like another upgrade was pushed about 10 minutes after this happened. Not sure if it is related but if it is, it would be nice if there was a message telling you that an update was in progress. đź’ˇ @Ford Motor Company

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, the part about the vehicle being unsafe to drive without cameras. it’s still got mirrors ya know.
I dont know how this thread popped up but as soon as I saw "not safe to drive without cameras" the op lost all credibility

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at my notifications, it looks like another upgrade was pushed about 10 minutes after this happened. Not sure if it is related but if it is, it would be nice if there was a message telling you that an update was in progress. đź’ˇ @Ford Motor Company
Paul, are you still having this problem?

My 12” screen is not working because my SYNC 4 APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is dead. Unfortunately, the part is backordered nationally, so a bunch of other owners besides me are awaiting this module. (Mine has been out for a month and a half.)

The reason I ask is because my vehicle history report listed a bunch of attempted OTA updates that were all unsuccessful right about the time that my 12” screen went out. I suspect one of the failed OTA updates bricked the APIM, but I don’t know for sure.
Sponsored