Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Dr Badlands LUX+SASQ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All,

Thought I would share my horror story that I had with Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH.

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ordered my 4 door badlands through them back in March of this year and surprisingly it was built and at the dealership at the end of last week. Lucky me.

Once I heard my Bronco was at the dealership, I started going over the numbers with the salesman and noticed that the MSRP was 2K higher than the build I submitted (not including the weather protection they forced on me since its put on all custom orders apparently). Come to find out, they submitted my order with leather seats and not the vinyl that I requested. I reached out to the dealer about this and they said that it was Fords fault - they likely changed the order and were out of Vinyl. I call Ford up immediately and they said that's not the case and the order was submitted with the leather. I reach back out to my salesman and he said you can either take it or leave it and we will submit a new order when the order banks open. Wouldn't split it 50/50, nothing.

Up next, forced financing through them. Already pre-qualified through someone else but guess I can't do that. Take it or leave it.

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee. They stated that they have this signed on every sale so they can offer MSRP because how is it fair that someone else can buy and resell for a higher price tag. The absolute kicker, I found my Bronco listed on their website already for 10K over the MSRP on my sticker. I don't even plan to sell it but this was very shady.

What a joke of a dealership and I would have everyone steer clear. Consistently tried to force me out of my purchase so they can mark it up.
In this "new normal" post-Covid / supply chain restricted world, I am watching a number of in demand, new car order situations with multiple brands exposing a new level of gamesmanship that enables dealers to make unreasonable demands on the ordering buyer in the hopes that the vehicle, once available, will not be purchased allowing the dealer to add to their own inventory at a sometimes egregious ADM markup. Dealers are anxious to expand their factory allocations and this gamesmanship is one way to do that.
Sponsored

Mob Scene

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima, HD Fxstd 2007, HD Sportster 1000XLH
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we should all pause for a minute to appreciate the spectacularly colossal balls on Dick Masheter Ford.

Bravo!
Sounds like it's not only his name but it's also what he does :ROFLMAO:

GirthBrooks

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco 4 door black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All,

Thought I would share my horror story that I had with Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH.

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ordered my 4 door badlands through them back in March of this year and surprisingly it was built and at the dealership at the end of last week. Lucky me.

Once I heard my Bronco was at the dealership, I started going over the numbers with the salesman and noticed that the MSRP was 2K higher than the build I submitted (not including the weather protection they forced on me since its put on all custom orders apparently). Come to find out, they submitted my order with leather seats and not the vinyl that I requested. I reached out to the dealer about this and they said that it was Fords fault - they likely changed the order and were out of Vinyl. I call Ford up immediately and they said that's not the case and the order was submitted with the leather. I reach back out to my salesman and he said you can either take it or leave it and we will submit a new order when the order banks open. Wouldn't split it 50/50, nothing.

Up next, forced financing through them. Already pre-qualified through someone else but guess I can't do that. Take it or leave it.

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee. They stated that they have this signed on every sale so they can offer MSRP because how is it fair that someone else can buy and resell for a higher price tag. The absolute kicker, I found my Bronco listed on their website already for 10K over the MSRP on my sticker. I don't even plan to sell it but this was very shady.

What a joke of a dealership and I would have everyone steer clear. Consistently tried to force me out of my purchase so they can mark it up.

That is some really crazy stuff!! I would have mentioned running all this by your lawyer and then go straight to ford corporate. I know easier said than done.

Next time you need a ford come up to Mentor OH and go to Classic. My family has bought all their ford's there with nothing but great experiences. I bought my bronco in May after waiting since March 2021. First time with ford and the best car buying experience I've ever had. They mentioned all the add ons like paint protection and warranty stuff but did not pressure me at all. No Mark up and even gave me an amazing trade in off on my subaru. Hope things work out for you!!

Columbusbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Porsche Cayenne S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't. I financed at 84 months so I have no prepayment penalty and can just refi right away. I’ll send the “affidavit” to my lawyer to see if this is legit.

At this point I don’t want to give them the satisfaction of marking it up 10 grand and selling it to some poor sole.
[/QUOTE
That is some really crazy stuff!! I would have mentioned running all this by your lawyer and then go straight to ford corporate. I know easier said than done.

Next time you need a ford come up to Mentor OH and go to Classic. My family has bought all their ford's there with nothing but great experiences. I bought my bronco in May after waiting since March 2021. First time with ford and the best car buying experience I've ever had. They mentioned all the add ons like paint protection and warranty stuff but did not pressure me at all. No Mark up and even gave me an amazing trade in off on my subaru. Hope things work out for you!!
Anyone in Columbus, call Coughlin Ford in Pataskala and ask for John Lee. He’ll get you MSRP in writing and they don’t push anything on you besides the typical extended warranty that everyone pushes. Straight up business transaction and no games.

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Run a DMV/Carfax report at the end of the agreement which would show if the title was transferred?
That shows minimal info in most states, even getting new title once a lien is removed will show a title change. They could though, don’t see how it would be worth it for a long shot in taking it to a judge that may or may not action on it.

BigShow

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door | 2004 Porsche 996
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All,

Check out these reviews. Based on other reviews, sounds like the also refuse to work on high mileages (100K?) vehicles that they have not worked on since the vehicles were new?

https://goo.gl/maps/vHjJEFTCM33zR9ti9
https://www.yelp.com/biz/dick-mashe...opup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)
Sponsored