Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All,

Thought I would share my horror story that I had with Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH.

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ordered my 4 door badlands through them back in March of this year and surprisingly it was built and at the dealership at the end of last week. Lucky me.

Once I heard my Bronco was at the dealership, I started going over the numbers with the salesman and noticed that the MSRP was 2K higher than the build I submitted (not including the weather protection they forced on me since its put on all custom orders apparently). Come to find out, they submitted my order with leather seats and not the vinyl that I requested. I reached out to the dealer about this and they said that it was Fords fault - they likely changed the order and were out of Vinyl. I call Ford up immediately and they said that's not the case and the order was submitted with the leather. I reach back out to my salesman and he said you can either take it or leave it and we will submit a new order when the order banks open. Wouldn't split it 50/50, nothing.

Up next, forced financing through them. Already pre-qualified through someone else but guess I can't do that. Take it or leave it.

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee. They stated that they have this signed on every sale so they can offer MSRP because how is it fair that someone else can buy and resell for a higher price tag. The absolute kicker, I found my Bronco listed on their website already for 10K over the MSRP on my sticker. I don't even plan to sell it but this was very shady.

What a joke of a dealership and I would have everyone steer clear. Consistently tried to force me out of my purchase so they can mark it up.
Sponsored

Jpa

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchase
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All,

Thought I would share my horror story that I had with Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH.

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ordered my 4 door badlands through them back in March of this year and surprisingly it was built and at the dealership at the end of last week. Lucky me.

Once I heard my Bronco was at the dealership, I started going over the numbers with the salesman and noticed that the MSRP was 2K higher than the build I submitted (not including the weather protection they forced on me since its put on all custom orders apparently). Come to find out, they submitted my order with leather seats and not the vinyl that I requested. I reached out to the dealer about this and they said that it was Fords fault - they likely changed the order and were out of Vinyl. I call Ford up immediately and they said that's not the case and the order was submitted with the leather. I reach back out to my salesman and he said you can either take it or leave it and we will submit a new order when the order banks open. Wouldn't split it 50/50, nothing.

Up next, forced financing through them. Already pre-qualified through someone else but guess I can't do that. Take it or leave it.

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee. They stated that they have this signed on every sale so they can offer MSRP because how is it fair that someone else can buy and resell for a higher price tag. The absolute kicker, I found my Bronco listed on their website already for 10K over the MSRP on my sticker. I don't even plan to sell it but this was very shady.

What a joke of a dealership and I would have everyone steer clear. Consistently tried to force me out of my purchase so they can mark it up.
Wow šŸ˜® that is horrible !! I canā€™t believe it

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to contact your state or county district attorney and make them aware of this. No way it is legal to force you to finance with them. Next, this signed affidavit thing is laughable, and most likely absolutely illegal. Finally, this ā€œ forced weatherproofingā€ is also an outright scam that is illegal. Finally, I would contact Ford, by phone and by an actual letter. The letter should include copies of this sale ,affidavit, and the financing mandate. If you donā€™t cave and walk away, I predict you will receive satisfaction.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing surprises me.
But I would contact Ford and ask if this is accurate to their standard operating procedures and ask if they stand behind the dealership. See if Ford agrees with their tactics. If they don't agree, then tell them you're filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against both Ford and the dealership, unless you are to purchase your inaccurately-placed order for MSRP.

It might do nothing, and you are only one drop in the ocean for such a big corporation.
On the other hand, it would only take Ford a simple phone call to sort this out with your dealer.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No way I buy anything under those conditions. The leather mistake- probably. The unethical/possibly illegal forced financing and no sell clause? Hell to the no.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee.
fox-shocked.gif

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't read all this the name killed me... gotta be fake or a joke lol I'm sorry for any ill treatment from them but I couldn't keep reading after seeing that name šŸ˜…

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No way I buy anything under those conditions. The leather mistake- probably. The unethical/possibly illegal forced financing and no sell clause? Hell to the no.
Nothing illegal about, just frowned upon unfortunately

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You walked right?

OP
OP

Tthoma1081

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You walked right?
I didn't. I financed at 84 months so I have no prepayment penalty and can just refi right away. Iā€™ll send the ā€œaffidavitā€ to my lawyer to see if this is legit.

At this point I donā€™t want to give them the satisfaction of marking it up 10 grand and selling it to some poor sole.

Big Barney

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m surprised these clowns are still in business. Iā€™ve never bought anything from them but my father-in-law bought a new van from them and would take it it there for service. He had a habit of marking the oil filter and could tell if they actually did an oil change. Sure enough, he busted them not once but twice for a phantom oil change. There are too many decent dealers in the Columbus area and south to let this shit happen.

NOT OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Orenthal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just looked at KBB on my Bronco and trade in value is 14K more than I paid and private party is 20K. This could be a windfall for you.
Sponsored