Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, I'm walking...no car is worth all that bullshit.
Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is hilarious!! These dealers are too much...makes me love my no nonsense experience that much more.

This all said: any contract which you agree to not sell is not enforceable. If you own something, you can sell it. Period. Simple to win that one.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dealers set the terms of the sale, and it is up to the customer to either agree or disagree with those terms. This is why it is important to discuss those terms of sale, get a purchase agreement or buyer’s order drafted and signed, and get it all writing before the order is placed with the dealer.
So now the goal posts have moved from not only getting a signed purchase agreement before the order is placed that documents the agreed upon price....to now, get the dealer to identify in writing every single term that they may insist on, have them sign that document while also providing in writing a guarantee that they won't be adding any additional terms over the course of two plus years as you wait for the order to be filled?

If you don't appreciate how ridiculous and pollyannaish that is then you might be a Ford dealership homer.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing surprises me.
But I would contact Ford and ask if this is accurate to their standard operating procedures and ask if they stand behind the dealership. See if Ford agrees with their tactics. If they don't agree, then tell them you're filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against both Ford and the dealership, unless you are to purchase your inaccurately-placed order for MSRP.

It might do nothing, and you are only one drop in the ocean for such a big corporation.
On the other hand, it would only take Ford a simple phone call to sort this out with your dealer.
Ford did the same thing with the Ford GT, but they’re the manufacturer. Not certain a dealer has the right to do that, but who even knows anymore.

GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No way I buy anything under those conditions. The leather mistake- probably. The unethical/possibly illegal forced financing and no sell clause? Hell to the no.
The leather probably isn’t a mistake…they most likely option all of the special orders like that knowing it’s usually the more desirable (high cost) option for retail should they back out

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

File a complaint with the BBB. It will be a permanent part of their record . I would file a small claim alleging breach of contract ( they purposely ordered options you did not want. ) and allege illegal business practices for the forced financing. If you paid any down payment then I would also argue Fraud in the inducement - ( they took your money and purposely omitted telling you all the terms of the sale.
in most states corporation have to be represented in court by an attorney.
Even if you lose you will have gotten your two cents worth.

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the forced financing nets them extra money for selling that loan. so it's another way they make money. I have seen this before, and when I really work a dealer over on a vehicle for a smoking price, I'll finance it through them for at least that 1st year so they make some back lol. after that, screw em! hahaha

Roadeyes

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think we should all pause for a minute to appreciate the spectacularly colossal balls on Dick Masheter Ford.

Bravo!

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In 2015 I bought a truck with a $14000 off sticker (good ol' days...), but I had to finance it through the dealer's choice (rate was meh, not stellar). Also, their choice of financing did not have any online pay options and wanted me to mail a check w/stub every month (not even able to have the bank cut the check). Forget that (with a capital F)... Since I was within the 30 days of having already checked rates with my banks, and b/c I told them I was unhappy with the current financing note, they gladly cut me a check to pay it off and have them take over financing instead. Does this help you in your situation? IDK. Just throwing some info out there. I hear dealers hate this because it screws them out of their deal w/ financing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't read all this the name killed me... gotta be fake or a joke lol I'm sorry for any ill treatment from them but I couldn't keep reading after seeing that name 😅
I read it as Dick Masher. Stay away. Stay very far away.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry this happened. Ford has already said we need to protect ourselves from their dealers by getting everything in writing ahead of time.

JackAndKoke24

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't get what's wrong with the affidavit. It sounds like the dealership is trying to protect that the bronco goes to a bronco enthusiast instead of some douche that will flip it for $5k, 10k or more.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't get what's wrong with the affidavit. It sounds like the dealership is trying to protect that the bronco goes to a bronco enthusiast instead of some douche that will flip it for $5k, 10k or more.
Nah, they are still saying they have control over something you paid for, for 2 years... nah, the bronco is mine. I own a house because i don't want a landlord telling me what to do. 2 years under their thumb?, fuck that

Will he probably keep it longer than 2 years, sure, so what's the harm? No one owns me or has rights to my bronco after i pay for it, they can just STFU and die right there

The BIGGEST problem is that, i assume, none of these 'dealer special additives ' were made known when the car was ordered.
Total BS: Bait n Switch

Hearing these stories makes me so grateful i went outside Columbus. Plenty of great dealers in NE Ohio. Klaben Ford was awesome with none of that sheet.

1. Bronco was same as on the Dora i was given.
2. Could have brought my own financing or chosen from 3 they would search through for me
3. 2 year contract, what's that?

Seriously, there are great dealers and salesmen with no games in Ohio. 2 hours away and I'm forever grateful i went there
Sponsored

Last edited: