John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m not done yet… I’m familiar with Maxxis from MTB with avg durability, how resilient as truck tire???
“Zuck” said:
Running a pretty similar setup, Badlands 2.3l MT7 on 37"x12.5r17 Maxxis RAZRs and I get 17.4 without making any effort to economize, 18.6 when I try (But still doing 75~80mph).

I don't think the numbers you're seeing are anywhere near accurate without recalibrating for tire size, and you won't be accurate calculating by hand either, because your odometer is off too.

Get it recalibrated, then start worrying if you still seem to be getting horrible mileage.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2 door Badlands 7MT non SAS stock height with 33.9” tall tires gets 21 mpg highway 70-75 mph and has hand calced 18 overall since new. I have a JCR Baja bumper add on and pillar lights. I’m not driving for fuel economy, but it does fine. I think if I were still in AZ doing 80 on I-17 from Flag to Phx it would be far worse.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not done yet… I’m familiar with Maxxis from MTB with avg durability, how resilient as truck tire???
This is the first Maxxis "Street/Truck" tire I've run, It's specifcally the Maxxis RAZR A/T, There is also an MT. I chose it primarily because of availibility, There aren't a lot of choices in a 37x12.5r17, and my parameters were decent street manners, a company I trust, and excellent winter performance (3 Peak Rated) as I have to go to work regardless of weather... Basically only 2 tires meet those specs in that size, The Maxxis and the BFG KO2. The Maxxis's were on sale at 4wp, and the KO2 wasn't anywhere to be found at the time... So, Maxxis.

However I trust Maxxis, I have run many Maxxis tires, I've run the Maxxis "Creepy Crawlers" on some of my dedicated rock crawling 4x4s I've had (Tubed out Truggy Grand Wagoneer, Several Jeep TJs), I've always favored the Maxxis 8008 on the trailers I haul my crawlers on, Though those have gotten hard to find the last couple years. And my son has run Maxxis' on his CAN AM with good results.

I've got a little over 10K on the set on the Bronco now, and there is no noticible wear, so I fully expect they'll go at least 35k miles, which to me is pretty acceptable for a mixed use tire on a mixed use rig :)
Sponsored