Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hi everyone, I have seen a lot of discussion on priority codes etc but I haven't seen anyone explain what the sales codes mean. When I call Ford they ask for order number and sales code.... Anyone know? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP
aFordOwner

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There are a number of threads on this, but I've yet to see a comprehensive list. From what little I know:

99: defer scheduling to subsequent model year
19: default order code when dealership submits your order
10: highest priority, build at earliest availability

Priority codes don't strictly dictate when you'll get your order built, with the exception of 99 definitively postponing your order. Your dealer's allocation, availability of components for your build, and your reservation timestamp are also factors - but nobody outside Ford Motory Company really knows how these factors are weighted, or conditionally supersede one another.

Hope this helps
No those are priority codes... Sales codes begin with an F###### ... Priority codes are something different.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sales Codes are 6-character codes that (usually) start with F*****. A Sales Code is also colloquially known as "dealer code" and is a unique code that is usually assigned to your specific dealer. Order Code is a 4-digit number that is effectively your order number at that particular dealer.

Order Codes are not universally unique, but they are unique at your dealer... which is why they need both to look it up.

Not to be confused with a reservation code, which are 8-digit numbers used in Ford's reservation system.

OP
OP
aFordOwner

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sales Codes are 6-character codes that (usually) start with F*****. A Sales Code is also colloquially known as "dealer code" and is a unique code that is usually assigned to your specific dealer. Order Code is a 4-digit number that is effectively your order number at that particular dealer.

Order Codes are not universally unique, but they are unique at your dealer... which is why they need both to look it up.

Not to be confused with a reservation code, which are 8-digit numbers used in Ford's reservation system.
Got it.. Thanks...

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone, I have seen a lot of discussion on priority codes etc but I haven't seen anyone explain what the sales codes mean. When I call Ford they ask for order number and sales code.... Anyone know? Thanks in advance
I’m Not sure 99 means delay until the next year. I know it means do not order. You can call your dealer and have them change you from 99 to whatever you want. I called mine and said to change me from a 99 to a 10, and they did so. Being a 10 doesn’t guarantee your order will get picked. It just says to Ford that you and the dealer agree on everything.

I asked to 99 myself after ordering a WILD TRAK because I wanted to wait. But I got tired of waiting After driving at the Off-Roadeo. So I called my dealer and Said “okay, I’ll take the soft* top, and also change me from a WildTrak to a Badlands, because I want Rock Crawl.” He changed me to a 10 and I got scheduled within a week. But that last part was a gamble because even he didn’t know their allocation.

I hope that helps. I think a lot of early Rez’ are stuck because they don’t know they can call their dealership and ask if they’ve been 99’d. BTW lots of dealerships 99’d a lot of ordered based on early constraints, and they’ve been stuck there.

So if you have an order, call and check your priority code. If you want a bronco faster, compromise so your 10 will get picked up by Ford. (Ford will go through the code 10s and pick and choose starting with early rez dates and moving forward).

If you haven’t ordered, call ahead and ask about allocation. That’s the real limiting factor.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked to 99 myself after ordering a WILD TRAK because I wanted to wait. But I got tired of waiting After driving at the Off-Roadeo. So I called my dealer and Said “okay, I’ll take the hard top, and also change me from a WildTrak to a Badlands, because I want Rock Crawl.” He changed me to a 10 and I got scheduled within a week. But that last part was a gamble because even he didn’t know their allocation.
The reason your order got picked up so quickly after making the changes was most likely due to switching to a soft top. It had nothing to do with a priority code of 10. The pc 10 will get you scheduled sooner is a 6g myth that. just. won't. die.

jamtra

Wildtrak
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The reason your order got picked up so quickly after making the changes was most likely due to switching to a soft top. It had nothing to do with a priority code of 10. The pc 10 will get you scheduled sooner is a 6g myth that. just. won't. die.
Do you think the priority code is more of a dealer thing than Ford itself? Meaning you get a "faster" build placement with 10 than 19? Disregarding build constraints.

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree, but I’m getting my Bronco in a few days after taking the advice to change to a PC10. I actually had a mistake happen where they placed me as a 19, which i found out after calling my dealer back the day after switching to the Badlands. I called and said “hey, we updated the order, but I didn’t get any confirmation from Ford.” He checked and apologized and said “whoops, that’s because I had you listed as a priority code 19. Let me bump that to 10, and we’ll send it off. I can’t guarantee that you’ll get scheduled but let’s see.” The order confirmation came in instantly and I got the build date in 4 days. I don’t know how that all works, other than magic, but somehow changing my PC made movement. Maybe it was a coincidence! I don’t doubt that could happen, but if I’m counseling someone else, I’ll tell them to get to a PC10 if they really want a Bronco fast.

OP
OP
aFordOwner

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m Not sure 99 means delay until the next year. I know it means do not order. You can call your dealer and have them change you from 99 to whatever you want. I called mine and said to change me from a 99 to a 10, and they did so. Being a 10 doesn’t guarantee your order will get picked. It just says to Ford that you and the dealer agree on everything.

I asked to 99 myself after ordering a WILD TRAK because I wanted to wait. But I got tired of waiting After driving at the Off-Roadeo. So I called my dealer and Said “okay, I’ll take the soft* top, and also change me from a WildTrak to a Badlands, because I want Rock Crawl.” He changed me to a 10 and I got scheduled within a week. But that last part was a gamble because even he didn’t know their allocation.

I hope that helps. I think a lot of early Rez’ are stuck because they don’t know they can call their dealership and ask if they’ve been 99’d. BTW lots of dealerships 99’d a lot of ordered based on early constraints, and they’ve been stuck there.

So if you have an order, call and check your priority code. If you want a bronco faster, compromise so your 10 will get picked up by Ford. (Ford will go through the code 10s and pick and choose starting with early rez dates and moving forward).

If you haven’t ordered, call ahead and ask about allocation. That’s the real limiting factor.
I wasn’t asking about priority codes but thanks anyway

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree, but I’m getting my Bronco in a few days after taking the advice to change to a PC10
Cool. Still doesn't matter. If you were ordering a F150, then yes, pc10 trumps pc11, etc, etc, but not with Bronco.

OP, I know your post is about sales codes (which are randomly generated by the dealership) but I have been trying to drive a stake in the 'priority code 10 will get you scheduled sooner' bs for a while now and people still insist on spreading that misinformation.

OP
OP
aFordOwner

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Cool. Still doesn't matter. If you were ordering a F150, then yes, pc10 trumps pc11, etc, etc, but not with Bronco.

OP, I know your post is about sales codes (which are randomly generated by the dealership) but I have been trying to drive a stake in the 'priority code 10 will get you scheduled sooner' bs for a while now and people still insist on spreading that misinformation.
I don't know if 10 gets you anything more than 18 but I do believe a 99 keeps you out of production.
Sponsored