OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll pay more when it’s carbonized gray and not black. Unless you are pre-planning for it to fade to gray??

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMO - this is more an issue of Ford’s choice to make the MIC (Molded in Color) choice as gray. It should be black plastic. Majority of all aftermarket soft top materials are black.

I know that I personally plan on coating my MIC whenever I procure one - somehow in black. Whether it’s paint or otherwise.

Anderson Composites looks like it may actually be black. Once they hit customers - which I hope is soon - that will be my deciding factor on which direction I go.

tambrico

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone who installed this speak to the complexity and install time of the install? I am considering this for seasonal use in the summer. But if the install/uninstall is too complicated I may pass on it.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

rbasham72

Badlands
First Name
Rowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bestop. Any plans for a better match to the carbon gray top color? They may get me over the 1500 dollar hump.
Thanks
I would order today if available in Carbon gray.

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mleach7

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Bestop_Team I had my Skyrider on for a day before the little rivet on the end of the tension cable broke off, on the passenger side. I noticed it because I started getting a strange rattle at 50 mph coming from the top and upon inspection the tension on the passenger side was not the same as driver side. The cable sucks back into the seem when the top is closed without the end rivet.

3BA89A41-1A8D-422C-9253-5D9A8983A4A4.jpeg

erniecombs

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need some help. I own a 22 Bronco Raptor and I spoke with Bestop about the fit. They told me the reason they exclude the Raptor at this point is only because they have not tested it yet.

It looks to me that i could easily install the Raptor cross bar overtop of the Skyrider bracket.

Could anyone help with some pictures of the skyrider brackets and bars with the top up and down?

I would owe you all big time! Thank you in advance. -Ernie

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I need some help. I own a 22 Bronco Raptor and I spoke with Bestop about the fit. They told me the reason they exclude the Raptor at this point is only because they have not tested it yet.

It looks to me that i could easily install the Raptor cross bar overtop of the Skyrider bracket.

Could anyone help with some pictures of the skyrider brackets and bars with the top up and down?

I don’t have exact pics handy, but my install video has some closeups of the mid brace install.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...stallation-video-and-review-by-owner-âś….63799/

OP
OP
Bestop_Team

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

@erniecombs Actually the reason we don't make the Skyrider for the Raptor is due to the crossbar in the middle. The way we designed the Skyrider, it doesn't allow for it to be mounted in the same locations as the non Raptor, and we don't suggest nor recommend removing that crossbar for safety reasons, I apologize.
~Crystal@Bestop

erniecombs

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@erniecombs Actually the reason we don't make the Skyrider for the Raptor is due to the crossbar in the middle. The way we designed the Skyrider, it doesn't allow for it to be mounted in the same locations as the non Raptor, and we don't suggest nor recommend removing that crossbar for safety reasons, I apologize.
~Crystal@Bestop
Did you make a carbon gray version yet? Asking for a friend🤣