Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

quick question on tires since I'm struggling to since what I thought I wanted in stock. ( 17x35x12.5 )

Who is running E rated tires? hows the ride?

Who is running C rated tires and running offroad ( I think factory SAS is C rated )

Do KO2s only come E rating ( 10 ply ) in 35x17x12.5? Does anything come in C rating in that size? E rating should be much harsher with such a light vehicle compared to a truck. I have E rated AT3W's on my F150 and it definitely rides harder.

Would like to order my wheels but struggling on tires.
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have E rated Falken Wildpeak AT3s on my rig. The tire shop filled them to 43 psi which was super rough. I’ve since taken them down to 35psi for street driving and it’s a pretty damn smooth ride. There are some C rated stock-sized tires out there. You need to decide if you’re gonna spend more time on the streets versus off-road to tell you which is the better choice for you. E’s are heavier and gas mileage may suffer, but will hold up much better offroad, especially when aired down. C’s will give you more comfort on the streets, but will have higher risk of puncture.

OP
OP
scojosmac

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have E rated Falken Wildpeak AT3s on my rig. The tire shop filled them to 43 psi which was super rough. I’ve since taken them down to 35psi for street driving and it’s a pretty damn smooth ride. There are some C rated stock-sized tires out there. You need to decide if you’re gonna spend more time on the streets versus off-road to tell you which is the better choice for you. E’s are heavier and gas mileage may suffer, but will hold up much better offroad, especially when aired down. C’s will give you more comfort on the streets, but will have higher risk of puncture.
Im in CO as well, so we offroad a decent amount.

would you say 35 PSI E rated rides similar to the factory C's at 40?

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im in CO as well, so we offroad a decent amount.

would you say 35 PSI E rated rides similar to the factory C's at 40?
Yeah, id say it’s pretty similar. The tables say the Falkens should be at 33 unless heavily loaded. I’ve been working my way down in 3psi increments over the past few weeks to find the sweet spot. I like how 35 feels, but 33 may be even better. I haven’t had a chance to do a chalk test at 35 to see about wear though.
Given the trail conditions across the Rockies, sharp rocks, sharp plants, etc I chose to go with the E’s.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
quick question on tires since I'm struggling to since what I thought I wanted in stock. ( 17x35x12.5 )

Who is running C rated tires and running offroad ( I think factory SAS is C rated )

Do KO2s only come E rating ( 10 ply ) in 35x17x12.5? Does anything come in C rating in that size? E rating should be much harsher with such a light vehicle compared to a truck. I have E rated AT3W's on my F150 and it definitely rides harder.

Although we will leave the feedback questions for the other awesome members here. Regarding the tire questions.

The BFG k02 in the 35x12.50R17 size is only offered in a Load Range E option. You could check out the 315/70R17 which opens up the C load range option. This option would be very similar in overall size to the 35's.

As it was noted, there is a trade off. Tires are a product of compromise, no tire can score 5 out of 5 in every performance attribute, meaning there will be a give and a take. In this case the LR-E would ride a little rougher than the C however you would gain a little offroad protection.

A great way to help decide would be to consider how often you are going to be going offroad and encountering sharp obstacles. If your primary usage is on the pavement than a C load might be the better route.

We can help further, pm on the way.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm running on 37" K02s, no lift, factory wheels. Smooth ride, no rock throwing...

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyo makes 35x11.5 AT3s (load range C), Kenda Klever makes a 35x10.5 R/T tire (Load Range D). These might be good options for ya if you are not looking for 12.5 width.
Sponsored