Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Changed tire circumference from 2320 (standard base factory settings) to 2525 (standard Badlands factory setting) to accommodate going to 285/70/r17.

That was the only value changed. Now I’m getting “service engine soon” and “check 4x4” messages every time I start the vehicle.

I changed it back to default, still with the messages. Drove it around a while, cycled it on and off, still there.

Anyone have any info on what the issue could be?
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
there is a thread on this somewhere. you need to do a something "relearn" via forscan. I had same thing. Relearn fixed it. Maybe it was 4x4 relearn. Do a search on forum. I changed wheel size to what I needed and did the relearn. The thread tells you step by step how to fix it so you dont mess anything else up. Or go to dealer. Which I wasnt about to do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mzekew

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

there is a thread on this somewhere. you need to do a something "relearn" via forscan. I had same thing. Relearn fixed it. Maybe it was 4x4 relearn. Do a search on forum. I changed wheel size to what I needed and did the relearn. The thread tells you step by step how to fix it so you dont mess anything else up. Or go to dealer. Which I wasnt about to do.
Thanks for the info. I’ll look for that.

OP
OP
Mzekew

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

updating this tread to close the loop. Anyone with this issue should go to the Service Functions section to reset AWD module and reset all PCM adaptations. You can then clear the warning codes in the DTC tab. This solved the issue for me and also resulted in better shift points with the bigger tires after driving around post-adaptations reset.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
updating this tread to close the loop. Anyone with this issue should go to the Service Functions section to reset AWD module and reset all PCM adaptations. You can then clear the warning codes in the DTC tab. This solved the issue for me and also resulted in better shift points with the bigger tires after driving around post-adaptations reset.
Again, I think you should move to Wisconsin. We have beer and really good cheese!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mzekew

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awd 160 Code needs Awd Module Relearn to clear
Thanks for adding that. It’s been over a week since I cleared all the warning codes. AWD relearn also sounds familiar. I probably ran that one, too.

If there’s no error messages DTC and you force a module to relearn anyway, there’s no harm, right?

I wouldn’t go around doing it all the time, of course.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for adding that. It’s been over a week since I cleared all the warning codes. AWD relearn also sounds familiar. I probably ran that one, too.

If there’s no error messages DTC and you force a module to relearn anyway, there’s no harm, right?

I wouldn’t go around doing it all the time, of course.
It's the only way to clear the Awd 160 code, just making sure there the info is out there. Forscan is awesome yet has its risks!

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealership is calibrating my speedometer this week, more than likely using a non-ForScan method. I hope they don't encounter problems. LOL!

BroncoByte

Outer Banks
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs