First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend that came with towing package. I thought I could install my trailer brake controller that I took out of my old vehicle, but owner's manual says must be Ford product. I called two local dealers to see how much the brake controller would cost and both told me it is NOT compatible with the Big Bend. My popup tent trailer is 8' long and around 1800 pounds. Would I be safe to tow it without the brake controller? Can I have a brake controller installed that is not through Ford? Specifically bought this vehicle to pull the popup! Thanks!

Search Modes
All

Shopping
Videos
Images
News
More
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend that came with towing package. I thought I could install my trailer brake controller that I took out of my old vehicle, but owner's manual says must be Ford product. I called two local dealers to see how much the brake controller would cost and both told me it is NOT compatible with the Big Bend. My popup tent trailer is 8' long and around 1800 pounds. Would I be safe to tow it without the brake controller? Can I have a brake controller installed that is not through Ford? Specifically bought this vehicle to pull the popup! Thanks!

Search Modes
All

Shopping
Videos
Images
News
More
You're probably going to have better luck in the Forum that is specifically for the Sport - https://www.broncosportforum.com/ Hope this helps - Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.