Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Lord and baby Jesus.
Thank God I've had a healthy back these 53 years!

This summer, in our Badlands 4dr , did around 2k+ mile road trip , basically 4 adults. Wife and I, our 17yo daughter and her friend the same age.
We planned too much stuff, resulting in living in that Bronco the first half of the trip.
No complaints regarding comfort or luggage space, but by the last day, and the items we picked up along the way, we had about zero room left. LOL!

I regularly make 3.5 / 4hr trips to So. Indiana. After the first one or two, somebody asked about the seat comfort, and the fact that it had never presented itself as an issue told me what I needed to know.

They're more comfortable than Dad's power seats in his 1/2 ton Crew Chebby, so extra space be damned, I hate long hauling in that truck.

I'd suggest due to your back issues, you beg, borrow or steal a Bronco for a solid hour or two test drive.
Sponsored

amurphy9276

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went from a Ram 1500 to Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door. I'm 6'1 280, although I don't have back issues I find the seats comfortable. The seats in the Ram are bigger. They are wider for sure. Not sure about length. That being said I love the Bronco and don't plan on going back anytime soon. I'm also in Texas, and have the soft top. No issues with that either. Heat isn't an issue just make sure you hit some good quality tint.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Howdy,

I'm considering trading my Ram 1500 for a Bronco Wildtrax soft top. Has anyone went from pickup to bronco? Any regrets?
Went from a '21 Trail Boss LT to a 4dr BD w/2.3 and MT. Yes, I miss my truck, but I love my Bronco, although I have concerns about the reliability (and longevity) of the Bronco, which is why the 2024 Land Cruiser might be my new vehicle. I'm 70, so if I make the switch, the LC will be the last vehicle I'll ever buy!

OP
OP
JRMFFL531

JRMFFL531

Wildtrak
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I looked at the LC as well. The reviews weren’t so good. But they are awesome.

tfrazier

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco BL 2.7, Lincoln MKZ, Newell Coach (RV)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went from a 17 RAM 1500 Laramie Ltd to a 23 BL nos SAS. It’s definitely give and take. Loved my RAM as it was absolutely the best vehicle I ever owned. I love the Bronco and hope it lives up to the legend that it is. It’s an apples to oranges comparison.

You give up some storage space going to the Bronco. Not just the bed. Under the rear seats, compartments under the rear floor, etc. If you already have a RAM, you know what I am talking about. And the 5.7 Hemi power.

It’s like downsizing from 3000 sq ft to 2000 sq ft. You have to give up some stuff to make it work for you.

However, the Bronco is awesome and I have no regrets. I’m going to get a utility trailer to make up for the stuff-hauling capacity. And the 2.7 has more than enough get up and go.

Sponsored

rblume73

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 07 F150, 73 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may want to invest in a bead or gel seat cover. My back starts to ache after long (~2-3 hr) drives. The ache starts sooner in my Bronco compared to my truck. You will more vibration in the Bronco because of the suspension. I found the gel seat pad will help mitigate this. Make sure you can do the whole seat.

You will notice more noise at first with the soft top, but as far as the Texas heat my AC knocks it out easily.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s exactly what I’m trying to figure out. I have back issues so I’m trying to decide either comfort or cool. Haha. I don’t tow anything and do light house/yard tasks.
We had to really think about usage… I kept my truck.
Both my wife and I have back/ knee issues. We’ve discovered with our new Bronco, you can, indeed, have comfort and cool! We have found the seats, especially with the heat, extremely comfortable and supportive. We have a 2D and 95% of the time we don’t have passengers in the back. Use the back for carrying cargo, and it’s more than sufficient.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good Lord and baby Jesus.
Thank God I've had a healthy back these 53 years!

This summer, in our Badlands 4dr , did around 2k+ mile road trip , basically 4 adults. Wife and I, our 17yo daughter and her friend the same age.
We planned too much stuff, resulting in living in that Bronco the first half of the trip.
No complaints regarding comfort or luggage space, but by the last day, and the items we picked up along the way, we had about zero room left. LOL!

I regularly make 3.5 / 4hr trips to So. Indiana. After the first one or two, somebody asked about the seat comfort, and the fact that it had never presented itself as an issue told me what I needed to know.

They're more comfortable than Dad's power seats in his 1/2 ton Crew Chebby, so extra space be damned, I hate long hauling in that truck.

I'd suggest due to your back issues, you beg, borrow or steal a Bronco for a solid hour or two test drive.
Agreed re: tired of hauling a big truck around. I kept a truck when we got the Bronco but forgot to mention, traded my F150 Crew Cab for a regular cab, 5.0 and am going to have fun customizing😎

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Traded in my 2017 F150 SuperCrew last month for my Black Diamond no regrets. I barely towed anything and rarely hauled anything. No more rear facing car seats so don't need the extra room in the back anymore.

It has been a month and have zero regrets. Sure, there is less storage, but I got a roof rack and will be getting a THULE Motion in the spring for the trips where we need it.

I was worried about the comfort drop off, but after a 4.5 hour drive home from the dealership and another 1k miles over the last month, there is no drop off in seat comfort for me. I am 6' 150lbs if that makes a difference.

The ride is more 'lively', but I actually enjoy that aspect of it. Sure it is louder (even with the hardtop), but that was known going into the purchase and I actually thought it would be a lot louder.My wife and two boys love the ride as well.

Newbrunny

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went from a 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie to a 2022 Badlands SAS. Miss the RAM about 2-3 times a year when I have something to haul. But that is it…. Also do miss the heated steering wheel and ventilated seats. But getting used to not having those.

As for seat comfort, I find the Bronco more comfortable than the RAM. The MGV seats do get hot in summer and a tad cool in the winter but fit me better than the RAM did. All comes down to personal preference. The Bronco is much more fun to drive and feels more solid than the RAM which felt like I was driving a late 80’s Dynasty…. Was like I was floating - never had a good road feel.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I traded a Silverado Double Cab for my 2 door. While the Bronco is way more fun and also more comfortable (My Silverado was base- work truck, no telescoping steering), the truck was better for our yearly vacation trips. We could carry more with the bed and huge back seat, bring our kayaks, paddle boards, etc. We have to leave our kayaks and paddle boards at home and had to pack super light in the Bronco. The truck was huge to drive around town, the Bronco is so much more nimble and also fits in our small garage, the Silverado did not. Accessories for the Bronco are way stupid expensive- like roof racks, rock sliders, etc. I would have bough a roof rack for the Bronco if it were not for the cost. So, yes we love our Bronco and it is so much more fun and fun to drive but not as versatile as the Silverado truck was.

Packen8

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Howdy,

I'm considering trading my Ram 1500 for a Bronco Wildtrax soft top. Has anyone went from pickup to bronco? Any regrets?
[/QUO

As someone who has owned pickups for 50 years
You always have a use for a truck ! I have a 2 door bronco but even a 4door can not replace the need for a Pickup for me anyway needless to say I have both ! Lol

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Howdy,

I traded in my 2016 Ford SuperCrew 4x4 for a 2023 Outer Banks 4 door. Love the Bronco. My truck was getting a little big for me in parking lots, etc. I hardly ever hauled anything in my truck. I had a hitch installed on my Bronco so if the need arises I can always rent a utility trailer. No regrets here.
Sponsored