Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Planning next year's trip and collecting my thoughts here again. This time we're bee lining it to the Knoxville, TN area and spending about 10 days there.

We're targeting July, the dates aren't firm yet. We'll again attempt to take the Bronco, but with my luck I'll probably break it in Moab and be waiting on parts for 3 months.

A few attractions we'd like to hit, please feel free to suggest more:

Windrock
Cherohala Skyway/North River Road
Dollywood
Maybe the Dragon again

As always, would love to meet up with fellow Bronco owners. The main goal is to see what area feels like home. Kingsport looks interesting.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
North Cumberland OHV area and Brimstone OHV area and North Cumberland Sundquist Unit OHV. They are all part of North Cumberland Wildlife Management Area. All relatively close to Windrock.

There is a dirt road the pretty much goes along the Cherohala Skyway and comes out in NC, its North River road, go to Bald river falls off the skyway, it turns to dirt, and a ways in you take a left, there a sign.

Gatlinburg is very crowed, mostly a tourist trap. Go mid week if you're going. The Skyway is very scenic as is the Foothills Parkway. Dragon has little to see, just lots of curves. A beautiful drive is 64 along the Ocoee river.

I retired here from the USN in 2001. Rode most every paved rode multiple times with in 150 miles of my Home, I'm 42 miles south west of Knoxville, the Skyway is 56 miles from me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Parking was a bitch, the attractions were more for kids than adults, unless you like to drink moonshine ;-). Was really disappointed in it.
We're planning this with some other family and will have 3 kids under 12, so that sounds like something I might get roped into.

Real moonshine? I'd partake.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

North Cumberland OHV area and Brimstone OHV area and North Cumberland Sundquist Unit OHV. They are all part of North Cumberland Wildlife Management Area. All relatively close to Windrock.

There is a dirt road the pretty much goes along the Cherohala Skyway and comes out in NC, its North River road, go to Bald river falls off the skyway, it turns to dirt, and a ways in you take a left, there a sign.

Gatlinburg is very crowed, mostly a tourist trap. Go mid week if you're going. The Skyway is very scenic as is the Foothills Parkway. Dragon has little to see, just lots of curves. A beautiful drive is 64 along the Ocoee river.

I retired here from the USN in 2001. Rode most every paved rode multiple times with in 150 miles of my Home, I'm 42 miles south west of Knoxville, the Skyway is 56 miles from me.
Thanks, I'll have to dig into that more. Would taking the Skyway to NC and taking the dirt road back make sense?

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks, I'll have to dig into that more. Would taking the Skyway to NC and taking the dirt road back make sense?
I usually take the dirt road to NC on my Pan America, and come back on the Skyway. Easier to find the dirt road that way.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I usually take the dirt road to NC on my Pan America, and come back on the Skyway. Easier to find the dirt road that way.
Awesome, it's going on the list. Is it passable by normal cars? The other car with us will be a generic crossover.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Awesome, it's going on the list. Is it passable by normal cars? The other car with us will be a generic crossover.
It was no problem in my wife's Range Rover Evoque, it is all wheel driveI would think a front wheel drive crossover could do it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We're planning this with some other family and will have 3 kids under 12, so that sounds like something I might get roped into.

the watered down stuff you can buy in the liquor stores now. The Distillery is there.

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worse..."legal" moonshine! its all 40% abv but if you're down this way I might know of a bottle or 2 stashed in the woods somewhere

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't been there, but would like to check out the area.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.