Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, BMW M850i - both green /love
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love my Bronco Raptor. It’s such a great toy for off-road fun. The ulimate beast 😍

But it has one huge disadvantage, and that’s the towing capacity of 4500 lbs.

Since I decided to take my overlanding adventures to the next level, I now need to tow an off-road trailer with ATM around 7800 lbs. While the power of Braptor is more then enough for such weight, the soft off-road suspension is not.

My goal is to be able to get deep into the wild, keep the trailer standing, and have an option to have some off-road fun with the car alone. Would be awesome to be able to do it with Bronco, but sadly, it’s not possible.

So I went hunting. Goal was to get a car, which will be as close as possible with off-roading capabilities to Bronco Raptor (very hard!), powerful, and with appropriate towing capacity.

I almost ended up with F-150 Raptor R, but then I heard RAM TRX whining. Damn, that sound!!! So I went for the test drive and that was it. Now, my Bronco Raptor is not the only dinosaur in the house.

Ford Bronco Two dinosaurs in the house dji_fly_20231020_170846_255_1697813761951_photo

I only did a thousand miles on the TRX, so I yet can not compare off-roading between the two, but what I compare are three things:

Jumps - TRX is just a way more stable during the landings.
Comfort - TRX is on a different level, mainly to it’s quietness inside the cabin. While I did my best to seal Bronco’s roof panels, wind noise is still noticeable.
Engine/exhaust sound - TRX can not be beaten when you want to hear the engine, that supercharger whine is just unbeatable. But Bronco wins with the downshifting sounds and engine quietness when you go with closed exhaust flaps (no flaps in TRX)

The main downside of TRX is, that it’s not a Bronco 😔

Ford Bronco Two dinosaurs in the house IMG_3865
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond