Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you insinuating they’re not deserving? Do these people criticize your raises? Do you tell your boss, “I make plenty! Give me the bare minimum!”

I’m a union electrician for a very large company you all shop at. In 2020 I didn’t get a CHOICE to work from home. I wasn’t given a CHOICE to sit at home and get paid more than my paychecks ever were for 2 years like everyone else.

I had to get up every single day like nothing ever changed when every news outlet in the world was telling me, “it’s serious, you could die if you get it.” I didn’t know what was going to happen at the time but I needed my paychecks. Just like these people.

Apparently then we were “heroes” and “essential” but now we’re villains because we’re asking to be compensated for what we had to deal with and moving forward? Interesting.

Carry on.
Lots of people continued to work. And you would have been better off ignoring those news outlets. 😉
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you insinuating they’re not deserving? Do these people criticize your raises? Do you tell your boss, “I make plenty! Give me the bare minimum!”

I’m a union electrician for a very large company you all shop at. In 2020 I didn’t get a CHOICE to work from home. I wasn’t given a CHOICE to sit at home and get paid more than my paychecks ever were for 2 years like everyone else.

I had to get up every single day like nothing ever changed when every news outlet in the world was telling me, “it’s serious, you could die if you get it.” I didn’t know what was going to happen at the time but I needed my paychecks. Just like these people.

Apparently then we were “heroes” and “essential” but now we’re villains because we’re asking to be compensated for what we had to deal with and moving forward? Interesting.

Carry on.
I was working in transportation (non union) considered essential when covid hit and went to work every day for the same pay. I was interacting with hundreds of different people daily who were also considered essential and kept working. My wife was also essential and worked every day. I’m not now, nor did I then expect to be compensated beyond my salary for continuing to go to work during that time. Don’t worry about what others did or didn’t do, just take care of you and your family and move on.

Villains is a stronger term than I would choose, perhaps selfish fits the situation since you want additional compensation for doing your job. We had to deal with wearing the stupid masks, wearing gloves, and using hand sanitizer dozens of times per day. It was a little sketchy, and we all know someone who had a family member or close friend die (usually the elderly or people with chronic illness). Personally I couldn’t stay near my work sites because the hotels and Airbnb in my territory were closed, so I went from driving 3000 miles a month to 8000 miles a month for April to July 2020. It wasn‘t heroic, it was just millions of us continuing to work to keep things going. I was happy to be able to keep working rather than sitting at home panicking like so many.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another reason we need more pipelines. Not being political, just stating my opinion.
How dare you say something that is different then what the current administration feels. What, do you think you are allowed your own opinion? That's it, I wash my hands of it . . . I am going home and taking my ball with me, call me when its all over.o_O

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was working in transportation (non union) considered essential when covid hit and went to work every day for the same pay. I was interacting with hundreds of different people daily who were also considered essential and kept working. My wife was also essential and worked every day. I’m not now, nor did I then expect to be compensated beyond my salary for continuing to go to work during that time. Don’t worry about what others did or didn’t do, just take care of you and your family and move on.

Villains is a stronger term than I would choose, perhaps selfish fits the situation since you want additional compensation for doing your job. We had to deal with wearing the stupid masks, wearing gloves, and using hand sanitizer dozens of times per day. It was a little sketchy, and we all know someone who had a family member or close friend die (usually the elderly or people with chronic illness). Personally I couldn’t stay near my work sites because the hotels and Airbnb in my territory were closed, so I went from driving 3000 miles a month to 8000 miles a month for April to July 2020. It wasn‘t heroic, it was just millions of us continuing to work to keep things going. I was happy to be able to keep working rather than sitting at home panicking like so many.
You completely missed the point. They’ve gone 3 years without a raise and absolutely deserve the back pay. It’s a slap in the face for anyone to question their pay or how deserving they are of said pay. Especially after relying on them to keep everything going while 90% of the country hid away in their homes doing zoom calls in their pajamas.

Lots of people continued to work. And you would have been better off ignoring those news outlets. 😉
I don’t even watch the news. Bit harder to ignore when the world shuts down though.

Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These people are in situations where they can’t even take unpaid time off to see a doctor due to staffing issues. The rail companies have been holding back wages for years and it’s been leading to massive industry flight, upwards of 25% in 5 years. Thats put huge burdens on the people still employed and, on top of that, they haven’t seen an increase in compensation.

All that while the rail industry has recorded record profits. Companies like BNSF and Union Pacifc have been done multiple rounds of stock buybacks too, upwards of $200,000,000,000 worth across the industry.

Yeah I’d strike too.
You my friend understand the whole situation.

I would also like to add that "Precision Scheduled Railroading" has basically doubled the length of trains and reduced the needed crew number in 1/2.
(Don't complain if you are stuck at a RR crossing for a long time because of a long or stopped train waiting to get into a rail yard).

If anyone is truly interested in the slash and burn that the rail industry has went through just spend a few hours reading up on E. Hunter Harrison.The last railroad company gave him millions to sign on with them and at the time he was basically a dying man.

And for you lazy folks in this thread..........E. Hunter Harrison - Wikipediahttps://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › E._Hunter_Harrison

Here's another link which is about.......precision scheduled railroading

Last edited:

bveselka

Outer Banks
First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry if this has been answered already, but does anyone know if Ford has reversed the rail suspension, or does the final RR union vote have to take place first?

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has been answered already, but does anyone know if Ford has reversed the rail suspension, or does the final RR union vote have to take place first?
It wasn’t Ford that suspended loading it was the rail companies. I would expect loading to resume as soon as possible.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so this means that my 10/10 build that DOESNT Ship by rail gets moved up??? Saweeeeettt.

Sponsored

AzGrrl480

Badlands
First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata and Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive been built since 8/31 and awaiting shipping for 13+ Days. Vehicle is still at MAP…i know others from weeks before mine that are still awaiting shipping. Hopefully these unions can work it out soon but i have a feeling the corporations will not give in and this will go days or weeks…really hope not for our country’s sake.
I feel for you, there’s a few in my build week of 8/1 that were just updated to built and released for shipping since they had been on chip hold.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are given a choice as a union worker
You didn’t enlist. You can quit

I left two separate Union jobs just before being vested

who cares. Dangling a retirement carrot couldn’t make me sell out….. I know and knew my worth

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My salesman texted me today ; Your anticipated arrival date is still around 9/29 to 10/5 . My blend date was this Tuesday 9/13. Ford's email still tells me in production. Hopefully all goes well now without a Rail strike, CSX is my scheduled carrier to Florida. Fingers crossed for a on time delivery.🤞😎

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Updated 9/15/22: Tentative Deal Reached to Avoid Strike!

The White House has struck a tentative deal to avoid a rail strike that threatened massive disruption across the United States.​

ORIGINAL POST 9/14/22

This was posted on the Lightning Forum

Any one who ships out of Dearborn on Norfolk Southern will be affected at end of Presidents "Cooling Off Period" for negotiations closes on the 16th. To prepare, NS had released the below. "Automotive NS will enact an embargo of all automotive traffic, effective 00:01 Wednesday, September 14."​
Units at ending terminal will be allowed to pick up and transfer to Auto Carrier for last mile loads.​
Edit: To be fair, I updated the title to include the possibility that this will become a Lockout by the rail companies rather than a strike by rail workers.​
Glad to hear this shouldn't be an issue
Sponsored