Wedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 FX4/ 2013 Mustang GT/ 2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Question for those with Jeeps or convertibles with bluetooth
How difficult is it to hear or use the hands free phone and navigation?

can you hear Or use the phone with the top down and doors off? Can they hear you?

it’s been years since I had a convertible and they didn’t have Bluetooth
Sponsored

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Question for those with Jeeps or convertibles with bluetooth
How difficult is it to hear or use the hands free phone and navigation?

can you hear Or use the phone with the top down and doors off? Can they hear you?

it’s been years since I had a convertible and they didn’t have Bluetooth
I currently drove a 17 2.3 EB mustang convertible. Don’t have any issues in city. Interstate there is usually too much road and wind noise to use.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AirPods work pretty well for calls in my Jeep with top down. Sometimes I roll up the windows.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Up to a certain speed in my Mustang, I had no problems. I could use the voice recognition at normal freeway speeds with the windows up on a non-windy/no crosswind/no jeep with 38s next to me, haha, day.

I did, however, enjoy the silence that noisy tires on my JK provided. Sorry, can't hear you complaining about how loud it is over the sound of the tires; no annoying phone convos either. :LOL:

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve got a Camaro SS convertible and use the Bluetooth pretty often. At interstate speeds it can be difficult to hear, but with the top down putting the windows up helps a ton. Of course if ya have doors off that’s not really possible, but for just around town and below interstate speeds(so up to like 55mph ish) I wouldn’t suspect any problems at all. And the mic is usually located somewhere that minimizes any wind noise. If ya have the doors on and can roll up the windows then even at interstate speeds it’d likely be fairly easy to have a conversation. Most of the time the people I’m talking with don’t even realize I’m in a convertible with the top down so the only issue is you hearing them over the wind noise(though I’ve never had an issue hearing navigation directions, always seems clearer than calls). Bluetooth and mics have both come a long way. I’ve got Bluetooth in my motorcycle helmet too, and even with my visor up I’ve had people that wouldn’t believe I was on the bike and moving while talking to them.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In my Z4 I use my Bluetooth all the time around town, but not on the freeway. This is 2004 technology, so I am sure it has improved. I do though tell people I can’t hear them well when driving my Z4. It has become my time to wind down, listen to my music, and enjoy the drive.
Sponsored