JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a dash cam that I purchased about a year ago for a work project and decided to get it out and see how it might look in the Bronco. Going high would be ideal, but the idea of running cables around the windshield and A pillar were more work than I cared for given it was pretty much a lark. The charging port on the dash seemed appealing, so I picked up a shorty cable and put it in. Very clean install, though the parking and other capabilities requiring always hot wiring are not in play. Otherwise, it is a pretty good alternative. The field of view of the camera gives nice coverage over the hood, and it does not create any driver vision issues. I wanted to post this as an alternative for anyone considering mounting locations.

Ford Bronco VIOFO A119 V3 Dash Cam Install IMG_4174

Ford Bronco VIOFO A119 V3 Dash Cam Install IMG_4177

Ford Bronco VIOFO A119 V3 Dash Cam Install IMG_4179
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a dash cam that I purchased about a year ago for a work project and decided to get it out and see how it might look in the Bronco. Going high would be ideal, but the idea of running cables around the windshield and A pillar were more work than I cared for given it was pretty much a lark. The charging port on the dash seemed appealing, so I picked up a shorty cable and put it in. Very clean install, though the parking and other capabilities requiring always hot wiring are not in play. Otherwise, it is a pretty good alternative. The field of view of the camera gives nice coverage over the hood, and it does not create any driver vision issues. I wanted to post this as an alternative for anyone considering mounting locations.

I went on a "Drive the Bronco" event today at Hollister Hills, CA. SVRA. I used these two, to record my drive. Worked good. The Akaso camera has a drive mode setting that starts recording when the charging power is on. It's much cheaper than a GoPro and has decent video quality. The CAMO double ball head mount screws right into the dash. Check'em out, might be a good option?

Screenshot_20211107-004021.jpg

Screenshot_20211107-003850.jpg

OP
OP
JaxGtc

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went on a "Drive the Bronco" event today at Hollister Hills, CA. SVRA. I used these two, to record my drive. Worked good. The Akaso camera has a drive mode setting that starts recording when the charging power is on. It's much cheaper than a GoPro and has decent video quality. The CAMO double ball head mount screws right into the dash. Check'em out, might be a good option?
Very cool. I used a GoPro at Austin this summer and the results were good. The benefit of the dash camera is you don't have to turn it off or on manually and it doesn't use the accessory mounting point. I have used the double ball head from smallrig on other things, they offer great versatility. Thanks for the input!
Sponsored